Need to contact or place a phone call to Sparrow Advantage OTC: 855-299-5415 (TTY: 711)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Sparrow Advantage is an HMO-POS plan that has a Medicare contract. All Sparrow Advantage plans are inclusive of Part D prescription drug coverage. Enrollees must be residing in any of the following counties in Michigan:
Sparrow Advantage was created after a partnership with Physicians Health Plan (PHP) so they can improve their service to individuals with Medicare in the community they serve. Sparrow listened and acquired information from the experiences of the Medicare patients they have. Coming from everything they learned, they came up with two coverages that are created not just to provide members with benefits and savings but also for an improved overall healthcare experience.
Sparrow Advantage is inclusive of added extras that are not provided by the Original Medicare or Medicare supplements.
- Post-hospitalization Meals
- The plans cover pre-prepared meals delivered to the member’s home after being discharged from the hospital. The meal prep will be handled by Sparrow to ensure that their recovery is their main focus.
- Transportation Assistance
- Sparrow will include transportation assistance to and from doctors as well as to authorized medical facilities in the plan at no added cost to the member.
- Travel Coverage
- Sparrow Advantage will make sure that their members who make a trip out of state or out of the country will be taken care of when they are away from home.
- Over-the-Counter Allowance
- All their plans carry an over-the-counter benefit that provides a quarterly allowance to purchase non-prescription health and wellness items.
- And many more!
What is the Sparrow Advantage Over-the-Counter Benefit?
It is a benefit that provides members a FREE allowance that they may enjoy to purchase OTC drugs at no extra cost. A predetermined dollar amount or allowance is provided to you within this plan. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
Save your time – one less trip to the pharmacy will mean that members may get to spend more valuable time on what matters most.
Easy access – OTC purchases are sent straight to the members’ homes. The need to drive anywhere will be lessened.
You will save money – Members may get OTC items they require without using money out of your own pocket. An allowance per quarter will be used on a varied range of health-related products like cold remedies and other personal care products.
Shipping is FREE – No shipping or handling fees!
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
Sparrow Advantage presently works with Convey Solutions to enable their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Eye and Ear Care
- First aid supplies
- Allergy sprays and gels
- Skin and sun care products
- Cold and flu products
- Dental and Denture Care
- Antacids and Acid Reducers
- Vitamins and Minerals
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders:
- They may scroll down below and go through on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may place their orders by calling 844-908-0051, TTY: 711
- They may send in a completed order form via mail and send it to the address at the bottom of the form.
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a quarterly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the quarterly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to register or sign in to an Sparrow Advantage account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Personal information
- Member ID information
Easy steps to follow for members who need to register for a new account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “Not Registered? Signup Now” button that is found on the page.
- Type in your First and Last Names in the spaces provided.
- Type in your Health Plan Member ID in the space provided. You will find your Member ID on your Member card. NOTE: Do not type in the digits that appear after the hyphen.
- Choose the State from the drop down box options.
- Enter your Date of Birth in the spaces provided.
- Type in your Email Address in the space provided and confirm.
- Create a Username and type it in the space provided.
- Create a Password and confirm it in the spaces provided.
- Select Security Questions from the drop-down options and type in the appropriate answers in the spaces provided.
- Select the blue “Register” button to proceed.
- Continue to move forward and provide the required information until you receive a successful registration confirmation.
An email verification will be received once you have successfully registered your account. This will enable you to have full access to your account online and may start taking advantage of the PHP Medicare OTC pharmacy benefits that is inclusive in your plan if you are qualified.
Easy steps to follow for existing members who need to log in to their account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your registered Username on the space provided.
- Type in your current Password on the space provided.
- Select the blue “Log in” button to move forward.
- You may now be able to manage your account once you have logged in.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order online:
- Return Policy: Due to the personal nature of the products, returns will not be entertained.
- Delivery Time: Please allow 5-7 business days for the orders to arrive at your address.
- The full benefit amount must be consumed in not more than two (2) orders within the benefit period. Any and all unused benefit will not roll over to the following benefit period.
- The OTC products are intended for the member only to assist in their health or medical need. The company prohibits the use of the benefit to purchase OTC items for family members and / or friends.
You may download Aetna Medicare OTC Catalog: