Need to contact or place a phone call to Call DrugSource: 1-877-418-8821 (TTY: 711)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
UPMC Health Plan aims to improve the health of their members. UPMC Health Plan is based in Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania and is considered one of the fastest-growing health plans in the US. UPMC Health Plan is maintained by the world-renowned health care provider, the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC). Being part of a combined health care delivery system, UPMC Health Plan is dedicated to offering their members an improved health, financial security, plus the peace of mind they truly deserve.
UPMC Health Plan is in partnership with UPMC together with network providers in the community to generate a combination of knowledge and proficiency thus resulting to the highest quality care at the most affordable price.
UPMC for Life is UPMC Health Plan’s Medicare Program. UPMC for Life Complete Care (HMO SNP) offers medical as well as prescription drug coverage in a single easy-to-use plan. Members who are eligible for Medicare and Medicaid may avail this valuable coverage including extra benefits and services as follows:
- Health Care Concierge
- A team that is committed to offering their members a personal customer service and is ready to answer any query and help them understand their benefits.
- By signing up for one of their health plans, SilverSneakers is included at no added cost. Members may take advantage of online classes, home fitness kits, and SilverSneakers Go app to keep themselves active from home.
- Home-delivered meals
- This is provided to members after an inpatient hospital stay, observation stay, or a skilled nursing facility stay.
- Preventive Services
- This will assist in finding health problems early, as this is the time when treatment works best.
- Over-the-Counter Allowance
- Members will receive an allowance to purchase covered health care products.
- And many more!
What is the UPMC for Life Complete Care (HMO SNP) Over-the-Counter Benefit?
This is a program that will enable you to acquire over-the-counter items that will arrive at your address in the mail. The card must be activated and the initial OTC dollar amount will be loaded onto the card. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
Save your time – one less trip to the pharmacy will mean that members may get to spend more valuable time on what matters most.
Easy access – OTC purchases are sent straight to the members’ homes. The need to drive anywhere will be lessened.
You will save money – Members may get OTC items they require without using money out of your own pocket. An allowance per quarter will be used on a varied range of health-related products like cold remedies and other personal care products.
Shipping is FREE – No shipping or handling fees!
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
UPMC for Life Complete Care (HMO SNP) works with DrugSource Inc. that will allow their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Eye and Ear Care
- First aid supplies
- Allergy sprays and gels
- Skin and sun care products
- Cold and flu products
- Dental and Denture Care
- Antacids and Acid Reducers
- Vitamins and Minerals
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders:
- They may scroll down below and go through on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may place their orders by calling 1-877-418-8821, TTY: 711
- They may send in a completed order form to the address indicated on it.
- They may also call their Health Care Concierge toll-free at 1-800-606-8648, TTY: 711
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a monthly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the monthly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your UPMC for Life Complete Care (HMO SNP) OTC account online:
- Stable internet access
- Personal information
- Email address
- Member information
Easy steps to follow for members who need to order online or login to their current account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Member ID in the space provided.
- Type in your Date of Birth in the space provided in this format: MMDDYYYY.
- Select the “Sign in” button to proceed forward.
- You may now begin managing your account online and utilize the online store catalog system.
An email verification will appear in your inbox once you have registered successfully. This will give you complete access to your online account and start taking advantage of UPMC for Life Complete Care (HMO SNP) OTC pharmacy benefits that is included in your plan.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- Return Policy: Due to the personal nature of the items returns are not accepted.
- The benefit is intended for the members only. Members may not use the benefit to purchase items for friends and family members.
You may download UPMC for Life OTC Catalog: