Need to contact or place a phone call to BlueCare Plus: 1-800-400-6864 (TTY 711)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee has been serving the community since 1945. Their first priority is the health and well-being of the individuals, their families, and the communities they serve. Being based right at Tennessee, they make sure that the state is a great place to live in.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee has a mission of giving peace of mind through better health. As a mission-driven and not-for-profit company based right at Tennessee, this means they are serving their family members, friends, and neighbors with their health as the company’s top priority.
BlueCare Plus (HMO SNP) provides their members with all that the Original Medicare can offer plus a whole lot more.
- Dental Care with about $5,000 allowance annually
- Hearing with $2,500 allowance every year
- Transportation rides providing 100 rides for doctor and pharmacy visits
- Vision with $325 allowance per year
- Care Team Support to provide members the care they require
- Over-the-Counter Items will give members $1,260 every year ($315 quarterly)
- And many more!
What is the BlueCare Plus (HMO SNP) Over-the-Counter Benefit?
This is a program that will enable you to acquire over-the-counter items that will arrive at your address in the mail. The card must be activated and the initial OTC dollar amount will be loaded onto the card. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
BlueCare Plus (HMO SNP) works with DrugSource, Inc. that will allow their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Eye and Ear Care
- First aid supplies
- Allergy sprays and gels
- Skin and sun care products
- Cold and flu products
- Dental and Denture Care
- Antacids and Acid Reducers
- Vitamins and Minerals
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders:
- They may scroll down below and go through on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may place their orders by calling 1-800-400-6864, TTY: 711
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a monthly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the monthly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your BlueCare Plus (HMO SNP) OTC account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Member information
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow for new members who need to create an account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Member ID in the space provided. Your Member ID is the 8-digit number indicated on your card.
- Type in your Date of Birth in the space provided in this format: MMDDYYYY.
- Select the “Sign in” button to proceed.
- You may start shopping for OTC essentials or managing your account online.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- DELIVERY TIME: Please allow 7-10 business days for the items to be delivered at your address.
- RETURN POLICY: Due to the personal nature of the products, returns will not be accepted. Lost or stolen OTC items will not be refundable nor replaced.
- The OTC items are intended for the member’s use only and must not be used by friends or family members.
- Orders are limited to once every month. The total benefit allowance must be consumed before the end of each quarter. The order total must not exceed the quarterly benefit amount. Cash, checks, credit cards, or money orders are not accepted under this benefit.
- The OTC items are available through home delivery only. These items may not be purchased at a local retail pharmacy or via any source other than the Community HealthFirst OTC mail order provider.
You may download BlueCare Plus of Tennessee OTC Catalog:
If you wish to download the OTC flier, you may visit the link below:
Important information to take note of:
- If you are ordering by mail, you have to make sure that you follow the instructions to complete the order form.
- If you have further questions about your plan, it is best to directly contact the number at
1-888-770-8840 TTY 711.
BlueCare Plus of Tennessee OTC Over-the-Counter Video Summary:
Want to view more articles on this topic? Click here to search our article database.