Need to contact or place a phone call to MVP Health care: 1-800-665-7924 (TTY: 1-800-662-1220)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
MVP Health Care is recognized nationally as a local and not-for-profit health plan. They are dedicated to creating a progressive impact on the health and well-being of every individual they serve. They take pride of their 700,000 members all over New York and Vermont taken care of by their 1,700 employees in their system. This provides a vast selection of health benefit plan choices plus the helpful assistance and flexibility that is often associated with a small company.
MVP has been consistent in rating among the country’s top health insurance companies. Their Commercial HMO/POS plans have been constantly awarded NCQA’s accreditation status of Commendable for service and clinical quality.
MVP Health Care offers the following for all their HMO-POS and PPO plans:
- Wellness programs with free virtual fitness classes plus a FREE SilverSneakers membership and more!
- Access to a vast network of doctors and hospitals
- $0 telemedicine services that include emergency and urgent care, primary care, mental health, plus psychiatry
- Worldwide coverage for emergency and urgent care inclusive of emergency hospitalization
- Out-of-network coverage for non-emergency care with Medicare providers anywhere in the country.
MVP Health Care has a lot in store for their members in 2021.
- FREE transportation with up to 12 one-way trips to medical appointments inclusive in some plans
- Earn up to $200 in WellBeing Rewards
- Choice to add extra dental coverage with $1,000 in annual benefits
- Up to $200 for over-the-counter health essentials and medicines from select pharmacies or by mail order, with most plans
What is the MVP Health Care Medicare Advantage Over-the-Counter Benefit?
This is a program that will enable you to acquire over-the-counter items that will arrive at your address in the mail. The card must be activated and the initial OTC dollar amount will be loaded onto the card. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
Save your time – one less trip to the pharmacy will mean that members may get to spend more valuable time on what matters most.
Easy access – OTC purchases are sent straight to the members’ homes. The need to drive anywhere will be lessened.
You will save money – Members may get OTC items they require without using money out of your own pocket. An allowance per quarter will be used on a varied range of health-related products like cold remedies and other personal care products.
Shipping is FREE – No shipping or handling fees!
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
MVP Health Care Medicare Advantage works with Nations OTC that will enable their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Allergy sprays and gels
- Skin and sun care products
- Cold and flu products
- First aid supplies
- Antacids and acid reducers
- Dental and Denture Care
- Eye and Ear Care
- Vitamins and Minerals
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders:
- They may scroll down below and go through on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may place their orders by calling 1-800-665-7924, TTY: 1-800-662-1220
- They may place their orders at participating retailers:
- CVS Pharmacy
- Dollar General
- Family Dollar
- Giant Eagle
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a monthly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the monthly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your MVP Health Care Medicare Advantage OTC account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Member information
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow for new cardholders who wish to activate their OTC card online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your 19-digit card number in the space provided.
- Select the red “LOGIN” button to move forward.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the necessary information to complete the activation.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order
- The benefit is intended for members’ use only. Using this benefit to purchase OTC essentials for family or friends is strictly prohibited.
- Delivery time: Please allow 2-5 business days for your item to be delivered to your home address.
- Return Policy: Due to the personal nature of the products, returns are not entertained.
You may download MVP Health Care OTC Catalog: