Need to contact or place a phone call to Mutual of Omaha: 1-877-494-2723 (TTY:711)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Mutual of Omaha was formerly known as Mutual Benefit Health and Accident Association when they first started in 1909. They were They were filed as an incorporation with the Nebraska Insurance Department. They were first presided by Harry S. Weller who served until 1932. Mutual of Omaha is a Fortune 500 mutual insurance and financial services company with headquarters located in Omaha, Nebraska. They are a financial organization that provides a various set of insurance and financial products for people, businesses as well as groups in the entire United States.
Mutual of Omaha offers Medicare Advantage through the CareAdvantage Plan. With Mutual of Omaha CareAdvantage, people don’t just get an all-in-one Medicare plan with substantial medical and dental prescription drug coverage, members also receive Mutual of Omaha’s dedication to ensure that their member’s health is at the center of everything they do. Mutual of Omaha is in partnership with local doctors and healthcare systems who yearn for a better healthcare experience for their patients. They work with them to create strategies that do not just give members the protection they need, but also offer complete preventive care to keep members healthy.
Mutual of Omaha CareAdvantage HMO provides the benefits that the Original Medicare offers. They also offer the benefits that the Original Medicare does not offer such as:
- This plan covers routine exams, glasses as well as contact lenses for no additional premium.
- This benefit will enable members to get to their doctor and medical appointments.
- Dental coverage is inclusive in the plan because Mutual of Omaha believes that having healthy teeth and gums are important to the member’s overall health.
- Staying active is one way to stay healthy which is why SilverSneakers is included in the program which members may use for their gym memberships.
- Over-the-Counter Allowance
- A quarterly allowance is provided so members can spend on various health-related products from non-prescription medications.
What is the Mutual of Omaha CareAdvantage HMO Over-the-Counter Benefit?
It is a benefit that provides members a FREE allowance that they may enjoy to purchase OTC drugs at no extra cost. A predetermined dollar amount or allowance is provided to you within this plan. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
Save your time – one less trip to the pharmacy will mean that members may get to spend more valuable time on what matters most.
Easy access – OTC purchases are sent straight to the members’ homes. The need to drive anywhere will be lessened.
You will save money – Members may get OTC items they require without using money out of your own pocket. An allowance per quarter will be used on a varied range of health-related products like cold remedies and other personal care products.
Shipping is FREE – No shipping or handling fees!
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
Mutual of Omaha CareAdvantage HMO enables their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Skin and sun care products
- First aid supplies
- Allergy sprays and gels
- Cold and flu products
- Dental and Denture Care
- Eye and Ear Care
- Antacids and Acid Reducers
- Vitamins and Minerals
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders to:
- They may scroll down below and go through on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may send in a completed order form and have it sent to their doorstep free of charge.
- They may send in their orders by calling 1-877-494-2723 (TTY:711).
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a quarterly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the quarterly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your Mutual of Omaha CareAdvantage HMO account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Member information
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow for new members who need to register their account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred search engine on your device.
- Select the “Registered” button that may be found on the page.
- Type in your Coverage ID Number in the space provided.
- Type in your Date of Birth in the space provided.
- Type in your Last four digits of Social Security Number in the space provided.
- Select the blue “Continue” button to move forward and provide all the necessary information until you receive a successful registration confirmation.
Easy steps to follow for existing members who need to access their account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred search engine on your device.
- Select the blue “Login” button that may be found on the page.
- Type in your Username or email address in the space provided.
- Type in your current Password in the space provided.
- Select the blue “Sign in” button to proceed.
- You may now begin to manage your account online.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- DELIVERY TIME: Please allow 7-10 business days for your orders to arrive at your address.
- RETURN POLICY: Due to the personal nature of the items, returns are not accepted.
- Unused benefits will not roll over to the next benefit period.
- The OTC benefit is intended for the member use only to assist with a health requirement. The company prohibits the use of this benefit to order OTC items for family members and friends.
- The OTC items are available through home delivery only. These products may not be purchased at a local retail pharmacy or via any source other than the OTC benefit channels listed.
- The total amount of your orders must not exceed your quarterly benefit amount. Cash, checks, credit cards, or money orders are not accepted under this benefit.
You may download Mutual of Omaha OTC Summary of Benefits: