Company: WW International, Inc. (once was Weight Watchers International. Inc.)
WW Customer Service Phone Number: 1-800-651-6000
TOPIC: WW | History | Weight Watchers Start Monthly | Access Code Required | Monthly Pass | Login / Start | App Download | Phone Number
Jean Nidetch, a housewife and mother, founded Weight Watchers in 1963 in Queens, New York. She had been overweight most of her life and had tried many efforts to lose weight like pills, hypnosis, and numerous fad diets, which all led to regaining her weight. She was at the age of 38 when she weighed 214 pounds and somebody mistook her for being pregnant. She therefore began a weekly support group in her apartment, initially inviting six overweight friends, which within two months grew to 40 women each week.
She introduced the “Prudent Diet”, a single page from the New York City Board of Health, to her fellow weight-loss seekers, and the group provided empathy, rapport, mutual understanding, support, and sharing of stories and ideas. The meetings also included a weekly weigh-in, and Nidetch developed a rewards system including prizes for weight-loss milestones. In October 1962 Nidetch achieved her target weight of 142 pounds, and maintained the weight loss; according to her she never exceeded 150 pounds thereafter.
The name Weight Watchers in 1963 was changed to WW International, Inc. as they wanted to be known not only for their weight loss products, but more for the packaged food and exercise products and routine as well as health and wellness programs such as the Monthly Pass Program. Hence, the commencement of the Monthly Pass Program. This article will assist you in familiarization of a few of the things you need to know about the program, as well as a quick guide with the links to assist you in setting up your account online.
How to Start Weight Watchers on Your Own
Requirements to have available before setting up:
- Access code from your Monthly Pass Starter Voucher has to be entered online to complete setup or activation.
- Valid credit card or PayPal account
- Sign up process for Monthly Pass (Meetings + OnlinePlus) has to be accomplished by going to the WW website OR by downloading the mobile app within 7 days of purchase.
- An email will be sent to the address you provided after you enter the Access Code. You will be required to pay for the next meeting you attend if you do not go through the Monthly Pass sign up process.
- Stable internet access
- Other personal information
- Must be a Lifetime Member
Instructions on finding your Monthly Pass on the mobile app and the website:
- For iPhone device – iPad: From the My Day screen, tap the Profile icon (upper right), then My Monthly Pass Card under Resources.
- For Android device: Tap the Profile icon (bottom right next to Connect), then My Monthly Pass Card under Resources.
- For a computer: In My Day, select your Account in the top-right corner, then Settings, then Account & Billing, and enter your password, then select Plan Enrolled-Monthly Pass, which will display with the option to print.
Easy steps to follow to sign up to a new account online:
- Visit www.weightwatchers.com/startmonthly pass OR https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/checkout/#/activation to activate the monthly pass on your device.
- Type in your access code in the spaces provided.
- Select the “CONTINUETOSIGNUP” button.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the necessary information and complete the online activation. Be sure you receive a confirmation that you have activated the Studio/Monthly Pass Program account online. Save