PHP Medicare is created via a partnership with doctors and local health systems in order to create a better experience for Medicare beneficiaries. PHP Medicare members receive all the benefits that are covered by the Original Medicare plus more:
- Members may enjoy 30 one-way trips annually for scheduled appointments to and from pre-approved locations in the service area at no added cost. Approved transportation examples include trips to the member’s specialist, trip to the dentist or eye doctor, or trips to the pharmacy to pick up prescription, to name a few.
- Members receive a complimentary access to the SilverSneakers Fitness Program that is created specifically for adults age 65 and over. Participation in the program is included in the health plan.
Hearing Aid Benefits
- Members may use their hearing aid allowance at in-network or out-of-network providers. If the hearing aid is purchased at an in-network provider, the allowance will be applied at the time of purchase. Otherwise, member must pay out-of-pocket and send in a reimbursement form.
- Members will get to enjoy a quarterly allowance that they may use for up to two (2) orders every quarter which will enable them to purchase personal health care items.
And many more!
What is the Physicians Health plan (PHP) Medicare Over-the-Counter Benefit?
It is a benefit that provides members a FREE allowance that they may enjoy to purchase OTC drugs at no extra cost. A predetermined dollar amount or allowance is provided to you within this plan. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
Save your time – one less trip to the pharmacy will mean that members may get to spend more valuable time on what matters most.
Easy access – OTC purchases are sent straight to the members’ homes. The need to drive anywhere will be lessened.
You will save money – Members may get OTC items they require without using money out of your own pocket. An allowance per quarter will be used on a varied range of health-related products like cold remedies and other personal care products.
Shipping is FREE – No shipping or handling fees!
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
PHP Medicare presently works with Convey Solutions to enable their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Eye and Ear Care
- First aid supplies
- Allergy sprays and gels
- Skin and sun care products
- Cold and flu products
- Dental and Denture Care
- Antacids and Acid Reducers
- Vitamins and Minerals
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan.
Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders:
- Scroll down below and go through on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- Place their orders by calling 855-299-5415, TTY: 711
- Send in a completed order form via mail and send it to the address at the bottom of the form.
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
OTC Benefit Allowance
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a quarterly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the quarterly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to register or sign in to an PHP Medicare account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Personal information
- Member ID information