Need to contact or place a phone call to Nebraska Blue Customer Service: 844-899-6060 (TTY 711)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
BlueCross BlueShield has been trusted by many Americans for several years. They have opened their doors in all 50 states in the US and has been accepted by more than 90% of physicians and specialists. This has made them the leader in consumer health care in the country.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska offers a vast selection of coverage options for their Medicare beneficiaries. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska has been experts in health insurance needs of Nebraskans for over 75 years. The name has come to mean stability and respect in the health care industry. They can be counted on when it comes to coverage that is reliable and member services that has a personalized touch.
A great number of residents of Nebraska aged 65 and older rely on the durability and affordable coverage provided by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska especially for the Medicare supplement needs. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska is a member-owned mutual insurance company that aims to stay long in the industry.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska offers Medicare Advantage plans that may be likely to have affordable costs for doctor office visits, prescription drugs and many more. These plans each offers a different level of benefits and out-of-pocket costs to assist members in selecting the plan that is best suited to their needs.
- Vision Coverage
- This benefit will give their members a variety of vision related services with their partner VSP.
- Member Communications
- Members get access to a selection of resources as well as experts to assist in staying healthy all the time.
- The members are provided with fitness memberships and access to classes that are created specifically for older adults at no additional cost when they have a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska Medicare Advantage plan.
- Over-the-Counter Allowance
- This benefit will assist members in purchasing over-the-counter medications that will aid in their health or medical requirements.
- And many more!
What is the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska Medicare Advantage Over-the-Counter Benefit?
This is a program that will enable you to acquire over-the-counter items that will arrive at your address in the mail. The card must be activated and the initial OTC dollar amount will be loaded onto the card. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
Save your time – one less trip to the pharmacy will mean that members may get to spend more valuable time on what matters most.
Easy access – OTC purchases are sent straight to the members’ homes. The need to drive anywhere will be lessened.
You will save money – Members may get OTC items they require without using money out of your own pocket. An allowance per quarter will be used on a varied range of health-related products like cold remedies and other personal care products.
Shipping is FREE – No shipping or handling fees!
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska Medicare Advantage works with OTC Network that will allow their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Eye and Ear Care
- First aid supplies
- Allergy sprays and gels
- Skin and sun care products
- Cold and flu products
- Dental and Denture Care
- Antacids and Acid Reducers
- Vitamins and Minerals
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders:
- They may scroll down below and go through on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may place their orders by calling 1-800-991-5650, TTY: 711
- They may send in a completed order form to the OTC company.
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a quarterly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the quarterly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska Medicare Advantage OTC account online:
- Stable internet access
- Personal information
- Email address
- Member information
Easy steps to follow for new cardholders who wish to activate their OTC card online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your 19-digit card number in the space provided.
- Select the red “LOGIN” button to move forward.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the necessary information to complete the activation.
Important information to take note of:
- If you are ordering by mail, you have to make sure that you follow the instructions to complete the order form. You have to mail it to the address indicated on the order form included in the catalog.
- If you have further questions about your plan, it is best to directly contact the following numbers: (888) 488-9850, TTY: 711
You may download BlueCross BlueShield of Nebraska OTC Catalog: