Need to contact or place a phone call to Nations OTC CCA: 877-237-8350 (TTY: 711)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Commonwealth Care Alliance (CCA) is a not-for-profit, community-based healthcare organization based in Massachusetts. CCA is dedicated to the improvement of care for the people who are eligible for both MassHealth (Medicaid) as well as Medicare. This is especially for the individuals who experience complex medical, behavioral health and social needs, including persons with disabilities.
CCA provides two different health plans for the state of Massachusetts: Senior Care Options (HMO SNP), especially created for individuals ages 65 and over who enjoy Medicare and MassHealth Standard or just MassHealth Standard; and One Care, a Massachusetts demonstration program for dual eligible individuals aged 21 until 64.
CCA provides Senior Care Options Program (HMO SNP) which is a Coordinated Care plan that has a Medicare contract as well as a contract with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts / Executive Office of Health and Human Services Medicaid program. CCA Senior Care Options plan rate 4.5 out of 5 stars in 2021. This includes earning 5 stars for Care for Older Adults and Member’s Rating of the Health and Drug Plan. CCA Senior Care Options benefit include the following:
- Annual eye exams and up to $200 annually for eyewear that is inclusive of contact lenses, lenses and trendy frames
- Complete dental services that include exams, x-rays, cleanings, root canals, fillings, crowns, and dentures
- Routine hearing exams and hearing aids that include fittings, repairs, batteries plus replacements
- CCA Healthy Savings card to buy health-related items and healthy food items at participating retailers.
- And many more!
What is the CCA Senior Care Options Over-the-Counter Benefit?
This is a program that will enable you to acquire over-the-counter items that will arrive at your address in the mail. The card must be activated and the initial OTC dollar amount will be loaded onto the card. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
CCA Senior Care Options works with NationsOTC that will allow their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Eye and Ear Care
- First aid supplies
- Allergy sprays and gels
- Skin and sun care products
- Cold and flu products
- Dental and Denture Care
- Antacids and Acid Reducers
- Vitamins and Minerals
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders:
- They may scroll down below and go through on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may place their orders by calling 833-SHOP-OTC or 833-476-7682, TTY: 711
- They purchase OTC products at participating retailers.
- They may send in a completed order form included in the catalog.
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a monthly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the monthly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your CCA Senior Care Options OTC account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Member information
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow for new cardholders who wish to activate their OTC card online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your 19-digit card number in the space provided.
- Select the red “LOGIN” button to move forward.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the necessary information to complete the activation.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- Any and all remaining balance at the end of each quarter will not roll over to the next benefit period.
- There is no minimum order when using the benefit. NationsOTC will process orders with as few as one product.
- Return Policy: Due to the personal nature of the products, returns will not be accepted.
- Delivery Time: Please allow 3-7 business days for your items to arrive after you place your order.
- If your order exceeds the total benefit value available on your card, a credit card information must be included or enclose a check together with the completed order form. Cash is not accepted. Some items may be removed from your order if a payment method is not included when the total balance due exceeds more than the available OTC card funds.
You may download CCA OTC Catalog:
If you wish to download the catalog, you may visit the link below:
Important information to take note of:
- If you are ordering by mail, you have to make sure that you follow the instructions to complete the order form. You have to mail it to the address indicated on the order form included in the catalog.
- If you have further questions about your plan, it is best to directly contact the following numbers: 866-610-2273, TTY: 711
Commonwealth Care Alliance OTC Over-the-Counter Video Summary:
Want to view more articles on this topic? Click here to search our article database.