HCA Healthcare Company Phone: 615-344-9551 *** Healthstream Company Customer Service Phone Number: 1-800-521-0574
Please be aware that this article is about the two companies referenced above.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) was founded in 1968 by Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr., Dr. Thomas Frist, Jr., and Jack Massey in Nashville, Tennessee. They were among the very first hospital companies in the United Sates. HCA is composed of services that are locally managed, which comprises of over 150 hospitals and 100 freestanding surgery centers located in 20 states and also in the United Kingdom. The very first hospital that HCA owned was the Park View Hospital near downtown Nashville. Their small group of founders were working out of a small house near the Park View during the first few years of operation. As HCA grew, the small house that they were working in was no longer large enough. In 1972, new offices were built behind Nashville’s Centennial Park.
HealthStream, on the other hand, was co-founded in 1990 by Robert A. Frist, Jr. They are committed to excellence and integrity at every level. Their board of directors set high standards for the company’s employees, officers, and directors. Implicit in this philosophy is the importance of sound corporate governance, which they demonstrate in every decision, interaction, and communication.
Healthstream has been recognized for excellence by the following organizations:
- Best in Business Awards
- Brandon Hall Group
Healthstream’s services are utilized by medical organizations in the United States like:
- Community Health
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Behavioral Health
- Home Health
- Physician Groups and Clinics
- Urgent Care and Emergency Services
- Assisted Living and Senior Care
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- Skilled Nursing and Long-term Care
Their amenities are inclusive of development of the workforce, compliance, resuscitation, revenue cycle, credentialing, clinical development, talent management, training and development management, provider enrollment, performance assessment, credentialing, privileging, and many other education programs.
HealthStream owns the following brands:
- Verity, which was formed by the merger of Echo and Morrisey – provides automated healthcare credentialing, privileging, and accreditation.
- HCCS – provides healthcare compliance tools and training
- Providigm – helps in nursing homes and hospitals
HealthStream Online Learning
Various employee online education courses may be taken with the use of the HealthStream Learning Center. This is an e-learning management system that provides compulsory education, re-education, and continuing medical education courses.
Advantages of using the online education resource:
- Transcripts may be printed out.
- You can set up or set a schedule for yourself on a course that you select based on your preference.
- Ability to track completed courses.
- You will be able to take either assigned or required courses for you.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
Different login methods for this online learning system is different for each organization or institute.
For any queries that you may have or for the exact URL or if you need assistance in registering, it is recommended that you contact your internal HealthStream administrator, your local help desk, your local IT support desk, Education Department, or your Human Resources Department.
Easy steps to follow for existing employees of HCA who need to login to their Healthcare Company Learning Center account online:
Easy steps to follow for users who need to find the specific sign in link for their organization or institute account online:
- Visit https://www.healthstream.com/login-help in your preferred search engine on your device.
- Select the “lookup your URL” link in orange color found on the page.
- Type in the name of your organization or institute in the space provided.
- OPTIONAL: choose your country, state or province.
- Select the search button icon.
- Find your institute or organization and choose the appropriate link.
- After you find the right link and have selected it to open, type in your Username and Password in the spaces provided.
- You may now begin to manage your account online.