Need to contact or place a phone call to Gateway Health: 1-855-350-0074 (TTY 711)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Gateway Health started in 1992 as an unconventional option to the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services. They rapidly developed into the leader in health plan and went on to lead over the following 28 years. Their attention has always been on the overall health of their members. Gateway Health has members who have profited from the services like:
- Disease management
- Health and wellness programs
- Social determinants of health initiatives
- Preventative care
They have faith in taking care of the person as a whole in every community they serve especially in those areas where the need is greatest. Gateway Health sees a future where every individual get the same care to reach their best health. Gateway Health provides care that goes beyond doctors and medicine.
Gateway Health believes that health is whatever it is that makes an individual feel good about their overall well-being. Gateway offers two types of complete plans for those who are eligible for both Medicaid and Medicare – the Diamond Plan and the Ruby Plan.
Gateway Health plan members will receive access to a great selection of problem solvers as well as different kinds of benefits and programs that will assist the members in making their lives better. Some of their most popular benefits include:
- Hearing aids to assist in improving their quality of life
- Preventive and comprehensive dental services
- Vision benefit that will cover the members’ eye exam and eyewear needs
- Meal benefit delivered to a member’s home after staying in an inpatient care facility
- Access to a 24/7 nurse line for any medical queries the members may have
- Transportation to doctor appointments and to their local pharmacy
- Gym memberships to local fitness centers
- Home safety equipment to keep their members secure
- Wellness coaching to improve the member’s overall well-being
- Allowance for items like toothpaste, antacids, aspirins and many more!
What is the Gateway Health Over-the-Counter Benefit?
This is a program that will enable you to acquire over-the-counter items that will arrive at your address in the mail. The card must be activated and the initial OTC dollar amount will be loaded onto the card. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
Save your time – one less trip to the pharmacy will mean that members may get to spend more valuable time on what matters most.
Easy access – OTC purchases are sent straight to the members’ homes. The need to drive anywhere will be lessened.
You will save money – Members may get OTC items they require without using money out of your own pocket. An allowance per quarter will be used on a varied range of health-related products like cold remedies and other personal care products.
Shipping is FREE – No shipping or handling fees!
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
Gateway Health works with Fieldtex which will enable their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Eye and Ear Care
- First aid supplies
- Allergy sprays and gels
- Skin and sun care products
- Cold and flu products
- Dental and Denture Care
- Antacids and Acid Reducers
- Vitamins and Minerals
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders:
- They may scroll down below and go through on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may place their orders by calling 1-855-350-0074, TTY: 711
- They may send a completed order form to the address indicated on the catalog.
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a monthly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the monthly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your Gateway Health OTC account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Member information
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow for new members who need to create an account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “Register” button located right below the “Login” button.
- Create and type in your preferred Username in the space provided.
- Create and type in your preferred Password and confirm in the spaces provided.
- Type in your preferred Display Name in the space provided.
- Type in your Email Address in the space provided.
- Select the blue “Register” button to proceed.
- Wait for an email verification and you may start shopping for OTC products and managing your account online.
An email verification will appear in your inbox once you have registered successfully. This will give you complete access to your online account and start taking advantage of Gateway Health OTC pharmacy benefits that is included in your plan.
Easy steps to follow for existing members who need to login to their account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Member ID in the space provided.
- Type in your current Password in the space provided.
- Select the blue “LOG IN” button to proceed.
- You may now be able to begin shopping for your OTC requirements or manage your account online.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- Delivery Time: Please allow 7-10 days for the items to arrive at your home address
- Return Policy: If you receive a damaged item, you may contact Fieldtex within 30 days of purchase at 1-800-353-7763, TTY: 711. An identical item will be returned to you at no extra cost. No other exchanges will be allowed.
- The items in the catalog may be ordered for the enrolled member only.
You may download Gateway Health OTC Catalog: