Need to contact or place a phone call to Aetna CVS OTC Health Solutions: 1-833-331-1573 (TTY: 711)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Aetna Better Health of Virginia is a subsidiary of Aetna, which has over 150 years of experience in catering to their members’ health requirements. Aetna Better Health of Virginia strongly believes in providing care by using a combined approach. They are in partnership with providers who ensure that quality and effective care is delivered to be able to accomplish the best results for their members.
Aetna Better Health of Virginia has received full health plan accreditation by NCQA in March of 2015. Accreditation was awarded April 24, 2015 until April 24, 2018.
Aetna Better Health of Virginia (HMO D-SNP) is provided to individuals who have Medicare and also receive Medicaid assistance from the Commonwealth Coordinated Care Plus (Medicaid). Aetna Better Health of Virginia (HMO D-SNP) is a Medicare Special Needs Plan, which means that their plan benefits and services are especially made for individuals with special health care needs.
Aetna Better Health of Virginia (HMO D-SNP) understands that taking of their member’s overall health is crucial to their life. This is the main reason why they offer their members added benefits that are not covered by the Original Medicare:
- 2021 Non-emergent transportation
- This benefit will provide members non-emergency rides that will include up to 24 one-way trips, which include appointments for dental, vision, hearing, podiatry and other health services. Visits to pharmacies and trips to the gym and smoking cessation classes are also included in the benefit.
- Hearing Services
- HearUSA provides hearing benefits to members of Aetna Better Health of Virginia, which includes one (1) routine exam annually and one (1) fitting or evaluation for hearing aids.
- Smoking Cessation
- To assist members to quit smoking, members will receive unlimited counseling sessions, nicotine patches, and some prescription medications without prior authorization.
- Podiatry-Adult Routine Foot Care
- Members will enjoy three (3) visits annually for adult routine foot care.
- 2021 Over-the-Counter Medications
- A monthly allowance is provided to members to purchase OTC medication and supplies that are mailed directly to where they reside.
- And so many more!
What is the Aetna Better Health of Virginia (HMO D-SNP) Over-the-Counter Benefit?
This is a program that will enable you to acquire over-the-counter items that will arrive at your address in the mail. The card must be activated and the initial OTC dollar amount will be loaded onto the card. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
Aetna Better Health of Virginia (HMO D-SNP) works with OTCHS to enable their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Skin and sun care products
- First aid supplies
- Allergy sprays and gels
- Cold and flu products
- Dental and Denture Care
- Eye and Ear Care
- Antacids and Acid Reducers
- Vitamins and Minerals
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders:
- They may scroll down below and go through on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may also place their orders by calling 1-833-331-1573, TTY:711
- They may place find a participating store by using the store locator in the OTC website.
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a monthly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the monthly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your Aetna Better Health of Virginia (HMO D-SNP) account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Member information
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow for new members who need to create an account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the red and white “Create account” link that may be found below the “First-time visitor?” section of the page.
- Type in your Member ID in the space provided.
- Type in your Date of Birth in the space provided.
- Type in your ZIP Code in the space provided.
- Type in a valid Email Address and confirm in the spaces provided.
- Create and type in a Password and confirm in the spaces provided.
- Select the red “Continue” button to proceed forward.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the necessary information until you receive a successful registration confirmation.
An email verification will appear in your inbox once you have registered successfully. This will give you complete access to your online account and start taking advantage of Aetna Better Health of Virginia (HMO D-SNP) OTC pharmacy benefits that is included in your plan.
Easy steps to follow for existing members who need to log in to their account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Member ID OR Email Address in the space provided.
- Type in your current Password in the space provided.
- Select the red “Sign in” button to move forward.
- You may now start managing your account online.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- It is important to note that you will only be allowed to place one (1) order at a time depending how long each benefit period lasts that your plan offers the allowance. Partial orders are NOT allowed. You must submit the full order at once or you will lose the remaining balance.
- Any and all unused benefits will expire; they will NOT roll over to the next benefit period. It is also important to note that you will not be allowed to request a partial or submit multiple orders. Due to this, you will need to make sure that you submit a complete order of all the items you need for the benefit period when submitting your order online or over the phone.
- There is normally no limit to the number of items you order. However, there is a restriction per order to three (3) per any single item, for monthly benefit and a limit of nine (9) per any single item, for quarterly benefit. Blood Pressure Monitors, however, have a limit to one (1) per year. You still have to ensure that the total amount due is still within your allotted benefit amount.
- It is not allowed to order more than the total allotted amount during each benefit period. If you decide to order select items that cost more than your allowable amount, you will NOT be able to pay the balance with either cash or card. As an example, if your monthly benefit is $20 and your total orders amounted to $20.95, you will have to remove certain items from your order to bring the value back down to the monthly benefit allotted amount.
- The items you have ordered will be delivered within 14 business days as soon as you have successfully submitted your order.
- RETURN POLICY: For damaged items, you may direct your concerns to the OTC company and return the items within 30 days. The OTC company will replace it with the same item only. No other returns or exchanges are allowed.
You may download Aetna Better Health of Virginia OTC Catalog:
If you wish to download the catalog, please visit the link below:
Important information to take note of:
- If you have further questions about your plan, it is best to directly contact the number at 1-855-463-0933, TTY: 711.
Aetna Better Health of Virginia OTC Over the Counter Video Summary:
Want to view more articles on this topic? Click here to search our article database.