Need to contact or place a phone call to OTC Health Solutions: 1-888-628-2770 (TTY: 711)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Sharp Health Plan is a not-for-profit health plan that serves residents of San Diego since 1992. They have more than 140,000 members enrolled and have been providing San Diego residents an access to health insurance that is of excellent quality and affordable at the same time. Members of Sharp Healthcare receive access to successful medical groups, hospitals, and doctors who are all committed to providing their members The Sharp Experience. Sharp Health Plan makes sure that their members are their first priority.
Sharp Health Plan has been known for being sincere and passionate about making a positive difference. This is because Sharp Health Plan are the people of San Diego county – they live, work, and play in the same communities as their members. Health insurance options are being offered to San Diego residents of all ages.
The benefit plans they offer combine affordability and option, while delivering quality health care and personalized service. Members receive access to helpful plan enhancements:
- After-hours nurse line
- This is a nurse advice phone service that is available during evenings and weekends.
- Access to MinuteClinic
- This is a walk-in clinic that is placed inside select CVS Pharmacy stores.
- Emergency Travel Services
- Specially made for members traveling abroad or over 100 miles away from San Diego
- Best Health Wellness Program
- Offers health coaching, classes, along with other free wellness services.
Sharp Health Plan offers individual Medicare Advantage plans that are available to every Medicare-eligible individual who currently reside in the San Diego county. Group Medicare Advantage plans are also offered to former Sharp Healthcare employees as well as City of San Diego retirees. Both plans cover both members and their dependents.
Sharp Advantage Medicare plans cover everything that the Original Medicare offers plus more. See below for information on Sharp Advantage Medicare plans’ added benefits:
- Free fitness resources
- Vision Care
- Hearing Aid Coverage
- Over-the-Counter Benefits
- And many more!
What is Sharp Direct Advantage OTC Benefit?
Sharp Direct Advantage Gold and Platinum Card individual plans offer a supplemental over-the-counter (OTC) coverage. OTC medications may be ordered through CVS at no extra cost. This may aid with the cost of necessary health essential items that are not covered as a medical or pharmacy expense under the plan. It can also assist members in saving money on a wide selection of CVS-branded products like pain relievers, cold medications, first aid supplies, dental care and more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
Save your time – one less trip to the pharmacy will mean that members may get to spend more valuable time on what matters most.
Easy access – OTC purchases are sent straight to the members’ homes. The need to drive anywhere will be lessened.
You will save money – Members may get OTC items they require without using money out of your own pocket. An allowance per quarter will be used on a varied range of health-related products like cold remedies and other personal care products.
Shipping is FREE – No shipping or handling fees!
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
Sharp Medicare Advantage presently works with CVS to enable members to make the most of their OTC benefit. OTC Health solutions has an online program that makes it achievable for millions of involved members to purchase items effortlessly by utilizing the home delivery program that they have.
Members who are qualified for the benefit program will be able to easily use their over the counter benefit from the comforts of their home, whether online or over the phone or mailing it in. Their members may enjoy the following items together with this supplementary benefit:
- Anti-Diarrheal, Laxatives and Digestive Health
- Oral Care
- Cold Remedies
- Home Diagnostics
- Pain Relief
- Digestive Health
- First Aid
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Eye and Ear Care
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders to:
- They may go online and scroll down below on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may call over the phone at 1-888-628-2770 (TTY:711).
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a quarterly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the quarterly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your Sharp Medicare Advantage OTC account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Member information
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow for members who need to register for a new account online:
- Visit this link your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the red and white “Create account” link that may be found below the “First-time visitor?” section of the page.
- Type in your Member ID in the space provided.
- Type in your Date of Birth in the space provided.
- Type in your ZIP Code in the space provided.
- Type in a valid Email Address in the spaces provided.
- Create and type in a Password in the spaces provided.
- Select the red “Continue” button to proceed forward.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the necessary information until you receive a successful registration confirmation.
An email verification will be received once you have successfully registered your account. This will enable you to have full access to your account online and may start taking advantage of the Sharp Medicare Advantage CVS OTC pharmacy benefits that is inclusive in your plan if you are qualified.
Easy steps to follow for existing members who need to log in to their account online:
- Visit link in your preferred search engine on your device.
- Type in your Member ID OR Email Address in the space provided.
- Type in your current Password in the space provided.
- Select the red “Sign in” button to move forward.
- You may now start managing your account online.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order online:
- It is important to note that you will only be allowed to place one (1) order at a time depending how long each benefit period lasts that your plan offers the allowance. Partial orders are NOT allowed. You must submit the full order at once or you will lose the remaining balance.
- Any and all unused benefits will expire; they will NOT roll over to the next benefit period. It is also important to note that you will not be allowed to request a partial or submit multiple orders. Due to this, you will need to make sure that you submit a complete order of all the items you need for the benefit period when submitting your order online or over the phone.
- There is normally no limit to the number of items you order. However, there is a restriction per order to nine (9) quantities per any single item, per quarter. Blood Pressure Monitors, however, have a limit to one (1) per year. You still have to ensure that the total amount due is still within your allotted benefit amount.
- It is not allowed to order more than the total allotted amount during each benefit period. If you decide to order select items that cost more than your allowable amount, you will NOT be able to pay the balance with either cash or card. As an example, if your monthly benefit is $20 and your total orders amounted to $20.95, you will have to remove certain items from your order to bring the value back down to the monthly benefit allotted amount.
- The items you have ordered will be delivered within 7-10 working days as soon as you have successfully submitted your order.
- RETURN POLICY: For damaged items, you may direct your concerns to the OTC company and return the items within 30 days. The OTC company will replace it with the same item only. No other returns or exchanges are allowed.
You may download Sharp Health Plan OTC Catalog: