Need to contact or place a phone call to CVS OTC Health Solutions: 1-888-628-2770 (TTY: 711)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Paramount started in 1988 and is a locally owned and operated health insurance based in Maumee, Ohio. The way they operate is guided by their mission to improve the health and well-being of their members. They aim to offer each individual in their plan a remarkable experience through their innovation, compassion, teamwork, and excellence. Paramount is the biggest name in health maintenance organizations in northwest Ohio, giving them outstanding member satisfaction ratings within their member population.
Paramount Elite Medicare was first offered to Ohio residents in 1994. This is available for people who have Medicare Parts A and B. Paramount Elite is a Medicare Advantage plan with health maintenance organization (HMO) as well as preferred provider organization (PPO) options. Supplemental coverage via the Medigap plans are also available.
Aside from the usual benefits that Medicare offers, Paramount Elite Medicare also offers Elite Extras. They take pride in providing high quality health insurance and customer service to their members so they added value to their health plan experience in a manner that cannot be found in any other Medicare plans. The added services they have are as follows:
- Virtual Doctor Visits
- ProMedica OnDemand enables the members to conduct a live video visit with a board-certified provider, 24/7, by simply using the member’s smartphone, tablet, or laptop – no matter the location.
- This benefit brings Medicare Elite members a fitness membership at no added cost. They have more than 15,000 locations across the nation and classes for every fitness level.
- Worldwide Coverage
- Paramount Elite Medicare plan will go with the member no matter where their travels take them. The coverage is inclusive of zero copays for emergency care services, urgent care services, as well as emergency ambulance outside of the United States.
- Meal Benefit
- Members who go home after an inpatient hospital or skilled nursing facility stay will be provided with two meals daily for 14 days after discharge from a facility.
- Over-the-Counter Benefit
- Members will get a monetary value every quarter which they can use to purchase OTC health essentials and delivered to their home address at no added cost to them.
- And many more!
What is the Paramount Elite Medicare Over-the-Counter Benefit?
This is a program that will enable you to acquire over-the-counter items that will arrive at your address in the mail. The card must be activated and the initial OTC dollar amount will be loaded onto the card. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
Save your time – one less trip to the pharmacy will mean that members may get to spend more valuable time on what matters most.
Easy access – OTC purchases are sent straight to the members’ homes. The need to drive anywhere will be lessened.
You will save money – Members may get OTC items they require without using money out of your own pocket. An allowance per quarter will be used on a varied range of health-related products like cold remedies and other personal care products.
Shipping is FREE – No shipping or handling fees!
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
Paramount Elite Medicare works with OTCHS that will allow their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Eye and Ear Care
- First aid supplies
- Allergy sprays and gels
- Skin and sun care products
- Cold and flu products
- Dental and Denture Care
- Antacids and Acid Reducers
- Vitamins and Minerals
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders:
- They may scroll down below and go through on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may place their orders by calling 1-888-628-2770, TTY: 711
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a monthly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the monthly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your Paramount Elite Medicare OTC account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Member information
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow for new members who need to create an account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the red and white “Create account” link that may be found below the “First-time visitor?” section of the page.
- Type in your Member ID in the space provided.
- Type in your Date of Birth in the space provided.
- Type in your ZIP Code in the space provided.
- Type in a valid Email Address and confirm in the spaces provided.
- Create and type in a Password and confirm in the spaces provided.
- Select the red “Continue” button to proceed forward.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the necessary information until you receive a successful registration confirmation.
An email verification will appear in your inbox once you have registered successfully. This will give you complete access to your online account and start taking advantage of Paramount Elite Medicare OTC pharmacy benefits that is included in your plan.
Easy steps to follow for existing members who need to log in to their account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Member ID OR Email Address in the space provided.
- Type in your current Password in the space provided.
- Select the red “Sign in” button to move forward.
- You may now start managing your account online.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- Keep the catalog handy where you can easily get to it as reference to the OTC items you need to order.
- Return policy: Due to the personal nature of the items, no returns or exchanges will be entertained. However, if you have received a damaged item, please contact OTCHS within 30 days of placing your order.
- As soon as the order is completed, members will receive a confirmation number. They must make sure to receive and keep this for future reference.
- Multiple orders may be done every quarter as long as it is within your benefit limit.
- Any and all unused balance will not roll over to the next benefit period.
- There is normally no limit to the number of items you order. However, there is a restriction per order to nine (9) quantities per any single item, per quarter. Blood Pressure Monitors, however, have a limit to one (1) per year. You still have to ensure that the total amount due is still within your allotted benefit amount.
- Delivery time: Please allow up to 14 days for the items to arrive at your address.
You may download Aetna Medicare OTC Catalog: