Need to contact or place a phone call to Buckeye CVS OTC Health Solutions: 1-866-528-4679 (TTY: 711)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Buckeye Health Plan has an individualized approach to Ohio healthcare. They are committed to the improvement of the health of the community one person at a time by having an affordable and reliable health care plan. Buckeye Health Plan accomplishes this by having the three main beliefs:
- Focus on the person. Having that belief in treating people with kindness, dignity, and respect allows healthy decisions therefore having healthier individuals produce more vibrant families and communities.
- Active local involvement. Believing that having a local partnership will allow for a meaningful and accessible healthcare.
- Whole health. Believing that treating the person as a whole, and not just the physical body.
Buckeye Health Plan – MyCare Ohio (Medicare-Medicaid Plan) is a health plan that has a contract with both Medicare and Ohio Medicaid to be able to offer benefits of both programs to their enrollees.
Ohio Medicaid assists with the medical expenses for specific individuals who have limited incomes and resources. Ohio Medicaid covers all expenses for Medicare premiums for certain people as well as expenses for Medicare deductibles, coinsurance, and copayments. Consumers have no premiums or medical copays on Buckeye.
Another benefit that Ohio Medicaid covers are the long-term care services that individuals require. This includes community-based “waiver” services as well as a long-term nursing home care. Medicare is the primary payer for most services for members who chose or were assigned to only get Ohio Medicaid-covered services from their plan.
Buckeye Health Plan – MyCare Ohio (Medicare-Medicaid Plan) may have an over-the-counter (OTC) benefit that will allow members to purchase OTC health and wellness items. A catalog will be provided with a list of OTC items that they may order and then sent to their homes. Aside from this, another added benefit is the 24-hr nurse advice line. It is a toll free phone line that members may use to reach customer service representative as well as bilingual nursing staff. This service offers access to a wide range of services about a member’s health including health education, urgent pharmacy re-fills, crisis interventions, and transportation for treatment.
Residents in the following service areas may be eligible to enjoy the benefits that Buckeye Health Plan offers:
What is the Buckeye Health Plan – MyCare Ohio (Medicare-Medicaid Plan) Over-the-Counter Benefit?
This is a program that will enable you to acquire over-the-counter items that will arrive at your address in the mail. The card must be activated and the initial OTC dollar amount will be loaded onto the card. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
Buckeye Health Plan – MyCare Ohio (Medicare-Medicaid Plan) works with OTCHS that will allow their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Eye and Ear Care
- First aid supplies
- Allergy sprays and gels
- Skin and sun care products
- Cold and flu products
- Dental and Denture Care
- Antacids and Acid Reducers
- Vitamins and Minerals
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders:
- They may scroll down below and go through on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may place their orders by calling 1-866-528-4679, TTY: 711
- They may visit a participating store by finding one through the OTC website’s Store Locator.
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a monthly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the monthly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your Buckeye Health Plan – MyCare Ohio (Medicare-Medicaid Plan) OTC account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Member information
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow for new members who need to create an account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the red and white “Create account” link that may be found below the “First-time visitor?” section of the page.
- Type in your Member ID in the space provided.
- Type in your Date of Birth in the space provided.
- Type in your ZIP Code in the space provided.
- Type in a valid Email Address and confirm in the spaces provided.
- Create and type in a Password and confirm in the spaces provided.
- Select the red “Continue” button to proceed forward.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the necessary information until you receive a successful registration confirmation.
An email verification will appear in your inbox once you have registered successfully. This will give you complete access to your online account and start taking advantage of Buckeye Health Plan – MyCare Ohio (Medicare-Medicaid Plan) OTC pharmacy benefits that is included in your plan.
Easy steps to follow for existing members who need to log in to their account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Member ID OR Email Address in the space provided.
- Type in your current Password in the space provided.
- Select the red “Sign in” button to move forward.
- You may now start managing your account online.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- Any and all unused benefits will expire; they will NOT roll over to the next benefit period. It is also important to note that you will not be allowed to request a partial or submit multiple orders. Due to this, you will need to make sure that you submit a complete order of all the items you need for the benefit period when submitting your order online or over the phone.
- There is normally no limit to the number of items you order. However, there is a restriction per order to three (3) quantities per any single item, per order. Blood Pressure Monitors, however, have a limit to one (1) per year. You still have to ensure that the total amount due is still within your allotted benefit amount.
- It is not allowed to order more than the total allotted amount during each benefit period. If you decide to order select items that cost more than your allowable amount, you will NOT be able to pay the balance with either cash or card. As an example, if your monthly benefit is $20 and your total orders amounted to $20.95, you will have to remove certain items from your order to bring the value back down to the monthly benefit allotted amount.
- The items you have ordered will be delivered within 14 working days as soon as you have successfully submitted your order.
- RETURN POLICY: For damaged items, you may direct your concerns to the OTC company and return the items within 30 days. The OTC company will replace it with the same item only. No other returns or exchanges are allowed.
You may download Buckeye Health Plan - MyCare Ohio OTC Catalog:
If you wish to download the catalog, please visit the link below:
Important information to take note of:
- If you are ordering by mail, you have to make sure that you follow the instructions to complete the order form. You have to mail it to the address indicated on the order form included in the catalog.
- If you have further questions about your plan, it is best to directly contact the following numbers: 1-866-549-8289, TTY: 711
Buckeye Health Plan - MyCare Ohio OTC Over-the-Counter Video Summary:
Want to view more articles on this topic? Click here to search our article database.