BCBS of Rhode Island Medicare Members Services: 1-844-859-6152 | TTY/TDD 711 / 401-459-2200 (TTY: 711)
OTCHS Website or Online Account Customer Service Phone Number: 1-888-628-2770
To place an OTC order over the phone call: 1-888-628-2770; TTY: 1-877-672-2688
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI) provides a number of Medicare Advantage plans to sustain and assist Rhode Island senior citizens remain active and fit.
A plan that presents a lesser premium and puts emphasis on healthy activity is the BlueCHiP for Medicare Value HMO-POS plan. Qualified members will receive a free daily activity tracker, the MaxBuzz, to trace steps and calories, that comes with a $100 yearly lifestyle reimbursement for getting in to their preferred healthy activities. Senior citizens will also be reimbursed for different activities they get into like golf, yoga classes, and even Tai Chi.
BlueCHiP for Medicare Plans offer the following benefits to the seniors:
- Get healthy discounts from CVS Pharmacy
- Rewards for CVS Pharmacy over-the-counter (OTC) – their members get a fixed allowance quarterly which may be used to order from a vast selection of OTC health-related products like personal care items and cold remedies. All these may be purchased at a number of participating CVS pharmacies. NOTE: This benefit may be availed with all plans except BlueCHiP for Medicare Core (HMO).
- Get a $5/month gym membership at more than 45 local fitness centers across the entire states of Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
- Dental coverage, included in your Medicare Advantage plan. NOTE: This benefit is available with all plans except BlueCHiP for Medicare Advance (HMO) and Core).
- Members can access Virtual doctors’ visits 24/7 via an online doctors’ program by using their smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- There is a $0 copay for routine hearing and vision office visits and exams.
- An annual allowance for glasses and vision hardware is provided.
To add to this, the entire BCBSRI’s Blue ChiP for Medicare plans is also comprised of the follow features at no cost:
- Visit your 3 Blue Stores – Seniors may go to any of the three (3) nearby locations to get any answer to their healthcare queries personally. Adding to this is they can also take advantage of health screenings free-of-charge and enroll for nutrition and yoga classes.
- $0 mail order copay – This means that NO eligible member will need to pay a copay for a 90-day supply of many generic drugs and have them delivered via mail.
- Access the Second Act volunteer program – This will enable members to select any volunteer prospects that will create a difference and give back to the Rhode Island community.
- Access to A Medicare Concierge Team – This is a dedicated BCBSRI team of service representatives to answer Medicare queries and give plan information.
- Access The Virgin Pulse wellness program – Designed to sustain and help members get healthy and stay active.
- Receive Nutrition counseling – You may know more about healthy eating and personally discuss it with a registered dietitian with this benefit.
OTC Health Solutions was established in 2001. Both companies have collaborated to make it achievable for their members to order OTC products effortlessly to fight against the constantly increasing cost of healthcare. OTC Health solutions now makes it achievable for millions of involved members to purchase items effortlessly by utilizing the home delivery program that they have.
Active member for Passport Advantage Medicare Plan who utilize their program will be able to easily use their over the counter benefit from the comforts of their home. Their members may enjoy the following items together with their Medicaid plan and extended OTC benefit:
- nicotine replacements
- allergy relief products
- eye care
- pain relievers
- a home diagnostics product such as a blood pressure monitor
- digestive remedies
- personal care products
- cold remedies
- first aid items
OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders to:
In Store: To find a participating store use the Store Locator at www.cvs.com/otchs/bcbsri.
They may go online and scroll down below on how to set up an account online.
They may call over the phone at 1-888-628-2770; TTY: 1-877-672-2688.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
If you need more information, you may choose to visit the following sites: https://www2.bcbsri.com/about-us/news-events/news/blue-cross-blue-shield-rhode-islands-2019-medicare-benefits-focus OR www.BCBSRI.com/yourbluestore OR http://www.rhodeahead.com/medicare/live/feel-great-and-save-money-your-2019-checklist
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access your Medicare Extended Benefit OTC Coverage account online. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Easy steps o register or sign in to a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Rhode Island’s Medicare Benefit Plan OTC Health Solutions CVS Health account online:
Easy steps to follow for members who need to register for a new account online:
- Go to the following website: https://bcbsri.otchs.com OR www.cvs.com/otchs/bcbsri OR go to this link in your preferred search engine on your device.
- Click on the small “Register” link that may be found below the “Login” button and you will be directed to this link here, https://bcbsri.otchs.com/en/account/register.
- Type in your Member ID in the space provided.
- Type in your ZIP Code in the space provided.
- Type in a valid Email Address in the spaces provided.
- Create and type in a password in the spaces provided.
- Select the “Register” button to proceed forward.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the necessary information until you receive a successful registration confirmation.
An email verification will be received once you have successfully registered your account. This will enable you to have full access to your account online and may start taking advantage of the OTC pharmacy benefits that is inclusive in your plan if you are qualified.
https://bcbsri.otchs.com or go to this link in your preferred search engine on your device.
Easy steps to follow for members who need to sign in to an existing BCBS of Rhode Island Medicare OTC Benefits Plan account online:
- Go to the following website: https://bcbsri.otchs.com in your preferred search engine on your device.
- Type in your Member ID in the space provided.
- Type in your current Password in the space provided.
- Select the “Login” button to continue forward.
- You may now begin managing your account online.
TIPS: Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order online:
- You may start filling out an online order request as soon as you log in to your account. Shop and choose from the items available from a list of pre-approved OTC items from a store list or catalog. Check the next guideline before you submit. Once you have submitted the request, the products will be shipped directly to the home address that you have provided.
- It is important to note that you will only be allowed to place one (1) order at a time depending how long each benefit period lasts that your plan offers which is usually on a quarterly basis. Please be sure you submit the full order at once or you will lose the remaining balance. Any and all unused benefits will expire; they will NOT roll over to the next benefit period. Also, you will not be allowed to request a partial or submit multiple orders. Because of this, you will need to make sure that BEFORE you submit an order that all the items you need for the current benefit period have been added especially when submitting your order online or over the phone.
- There is normally no limit to the number of items you order. However, there is a restriction per order to five (5) quantities per any single item. Blood Pressure Monitors, however, have a limit to one (1) per year. You still have to ensure that the total amount due is still within your allotted benefit amount.
- It is not allowed to order more than the total allotted amount during each benefit period. As an example, if your monthly benefit is $10 and your total orders amounted to $10.95, you will have to remove certain items from your order to bring the value back down to the monthly benefit allotted amount. Otherwise, your order request will not be submitted.
- The items you have ordered will be delivered within 7-10 working days as soon as you have successfully submitted your order. For damaged items, you may direct your concerns to the OTC company and return the items within 30 days. The OTC company will replace it with the same item only.
Download The OTC Catalog Below: 2020 BlueCross BlueShield of Rhode Island