Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota offers benefits that the Original Medicare doesn’t.
The Blue Cross Medicare offers the following:
- A wide array of networks that provides access to the precise provider or pharmacy
- Travel benefits are provided within the United States or outside of the country
- Choices that will benefit a member’s needs plus a combined medical and prescription drug plans, medical-only plans or stand-alone prescription drug coverage
- SilverSneakers fitness program that is inclusive of an access to a great number of fitness locations
- Wellness and preventive services that the Original Medicare does not cover like annual physicals and routine eye and hearing exams
A few other extras in a member’s Medicare’s Advantage plan are as follows:
- Dental Benefits
- Provides oral exams at two (2) per calendar year with routine cleanings and dental x-rays
- Eyewear allowance
- Offers a dollar allowance for glasses or contact lenses
- Hearing Aid Savings with TruHearing
- Dollar allowance for hearing aids, depending on plan, plus $0 for a rechargeable battery
- Over-the-Counter Allowance
- A quarterly allowance is provided to members for over-the-counter medications
- And many more!
What is the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota Medicare Advantage Over-the-Counter Benefit?
This is a program that will enable you to acquire over-the-counter items that will arrive at your address in the mail. The card must be activated and the initial OTC dollar amount will be loaded onto the card. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
Save your time – one less trip to the pharmacy will mean that members may get to spend more valuable time on what matters most.
Easy access – OTC purchases are sent straight to the members’ homes. The need to drive anywhere will be lessened.
You will save money – Members may get OTC items they require without using money out of your own pocket. An allowance per quarter will be used on a varied range of health-related products like cold remedies and other personal care products.
Shipping is FREE – No shipping or handling fees!
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota Medicare Advantage works with OTCHS that will allow their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Eye and Ear Care
- First aid supplies
- Allergy sprays and gels
- Skin and sun care products
- Cold and flu products
- Dental and Denture Care
- Antacids and Acid Reducers
- Vitamins and Minerals
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan.
Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders:
- They may scroll down below and go through on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may place their orders by calling 1-866-528-4679, TTY: 711
- Visit a participating store by finding one through the OTC website’s Store Locator.
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
OTC Benefit Allowance
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a monthly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the monthly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota Medicare Advantage OTC account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Member information
- Personal information