Need to contact or place a phone call to assistance with online account: 1-855-435-5162 (TTY 711)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
BlueCross BlueShield has been trusted by many Americans for more than 70 years. They have opened their doors in all 50 states in the US and has been accepted by more than 90% of physicians and specialists. This has made them the leader in consumer health care in the country.
BlueShield of Northeastern New York has a mission to develop while providing advanced and affordable health care that sustains the needs of their members, stakeholders, and the community they serve. BlueShield of Northeastern New York wants to assure their members that they are more than just a health plan. Becoming a member of BlueShield of Northeastern New York means becoming a part of their family with the guarantee that the insurance they carry is accepted by 90% of doctors. The protection of the shield means their coverage is accepted in all 50 states.
BlueShield of Northeastern New York (BSNENY) is a Medicare Advantage plan that has a Medicare contract and enrollment depends on contract renewal. BSNENY is a division of HealthNow New York Inc., which is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
BlueShield of Northeastern New York offers the Blue Total Health Package which provides their members with the added benefits and preventive services that members want and need to assist them in living a healthy lifestyle.
- SilverSneakers provides no-cost fitness benefit that offers access to 16,000+ fitness locations nationwide plus hundreds of online and virtual classes and resources
- Low- or no-cost vaccines
- $0 copay for preventive vaccines that include flu, pneumonia, and hepatitis. Coverage for shingles vaccine is also included with Tier 1 copay
- Rewards for preventive services
- Members get to earn up to $60 for annual preventive services that include an annual wellness visit, colon cancer screening, and breast cancer screening
- Over-the-Counter Coverage
- Annual allowance is provided for OTC drugs and supplies that will be delivered straight to the member’s homes.
- And many more!
What is the BlueShield of Northeastern New York Over-the-Counter Benefit?
It is a benefit that provides members a FREE allowance that they may enjoy to purchase OTC drugs at no extra cost. A predetermined dollar amount or allowance is provided to you within this plan. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
Save your time – one less trip to the pharmacy will mean that members may get to spend more valuable time on what matters most.
Easy access – OTC purchases are sent straight to the members’ homes. The need to drive anywhere will be lessened.
You will save money – Members may get OTC items they require without using money out of your own pocket. An allowance per quarter will be used on a varied range of health-related products like cold remedies and other personal care products.
Shipping is FREE – No shipping or handling fees!
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
BlueShield of Northeastern New York currently works with Convey Health Solutions to administer this benefit and provide a convenient way for their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Anti-Diarrheal, Laxatives and Digestive Health
- Dental and Denture Care
- Bathroom Safety and Fall Prevention
- Home Diagnostics
- Pain Relief
- Antacids and Acid Reducers
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Eye and Ear Care
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders to:
- They may go online and scroll down below on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may call over the phone at 1-855-435-5162 (TTY:711).
- They may also send over a completed order form via mail.
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a quarterly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the quarterly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your BlueShield of Northeastern New York OTC account online:
- Stable internet access
- Personal information
- Email address
- Member information
Easy steps to follow for members who need to register for a new account online:
- Visit this in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “Not Registered? Signup Now” button found on the page.
- Type in your First and Last Names in the spaces provided.
- Type in your Health Plan Member ID which is indicated on your Member ID card. Please enter the special characters that appear on your card.
- Choose the State from the drop down box options.
- Enter your Date of Birth on the spaces provided.
- Type in your Email Address in the space provided and confirm.
- Create a Username and type it in the space provided.
- Create a Password in the space provided and confirm.
- Choose Security Questions and provide the appropriate answers in the spaces provided.
- Select the blue “Register” button to move forward.
- Wait for an email verification and you may start managing your account online.
An email verification will appear in your inbox once you have registered successfully. This will give you complete access to your online account and start taking advantage of BlueShield of Northeastern New York OTC pharmacy benefits that is included in your plan.
Easy steps to follow for existing members who need to access their account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Username in the space provided.
- Type in your Password in the space provided.
- Select the blue “Log in” button to proceed.
- You may now start managing your account online.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- DELIVERY TIME: Please allow 7-10 business days for your items to be delivered at your home address.
- Members may place a single order every quarter. They must ensure that all of their OTC requirements for the quarter are included in their order.
- Benefit funds do not roll over to the next benefit period. Members must make sure to consume all the funds in a single order.
- Members may download a catalog from the member portal. Just select “My Account” and choose “Download Catalog/Order Form”.
- The OTC benefit is intended for the member’s health needs. Using the benefit to purchase OTC items for friends and/or family members is strictly prohibited by BSNENY.
You may download BlueShield of Northeastern New York OTC Catalog: