Department Customer Service Phone Number: 1-800-821-2753
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana is Louisiana’s oldest and largest health insurer. Their history may be tracked back in 1934 but official merger happened in 1975. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana is a mutually held company owned solely by their policyholders. Their mission is to improve the lives of our customers by providing health guidance and affordable access to quality care.
Louisiana has been hit by a number of natural calamities for the past years. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana’s goal is to continuously help members, providers, and producers prepare for any natural disasters and offer their expertise during these difficult times.
“Your Health, Our Commitment”. This motto upholds their commitment to providing the people of Louisiana with health and wellness programs. They also offer the residents a great variety of health insurance plans, life and disability insurance, and group voluntary plans. Education on healthcare laws is also one of their commitment to their members. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana has several online tools to help members be able to manage and update their coverage and their personal information.
Importance of completing registration and activate a new account online:
- You have the ability to securely ask any queries you may have about your coverage.
- You may make changes to your coverage.
- You may get an estimate of the cost of a medical procedure that you need.
- You are able file or check on the status of a current claim.
- You may have your member ID card replaced.
- You can review your balance.
- You may review the details of your plan.
- You can also gain access to all your benefits as well as service tools.
- And much, much more!
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to register and create an Online Account Services with BlueCross BlueShield of Louisiana online:
- Stable internet access
- Insurance ID card
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow to register and create a new account online:
- Visit www.bcbsla.com/activate in your preferred search engine.
- Type your Member ID in the space provided.
- Type your PIN in the space provided.
- Select the “Next” button.
- Continue to provide necessary information and move forward until complete.
- You may now begin managing your account and using all the online service tools.