Company Phone Number: 1-888-706-0583
Topic: BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois | Walgreens | ConsumerMedical Login / Register | Find A Doctor Hospital in the Network | Phone Number BCBSIL
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) is a big name in health insurance company in Illinois. They started at the height of the Great Depression 1936 in Chicago. They took notice to protect the people from health care-related financial ruin. To date, they remain as a member-owned institution rather than publicly owned. They make sure to answer to their members and not to shareholders.
They take pride in the level of service their employees provide to their customers and members. Their business and organization remain highly-favored among all the people in Illinois. Their 33% growth since 2010 is proof that they are growing with the almost 11,000 that they have employed. They have offices across Illinois including Chicago, Rockford, Quincy, Danville, Naperville, Springfield, Jacksonville, Downers Grove, and Marion to make them even more accessible to Illinoisans. They stand firm to their purpose of doing everything in their power, “…in sickness and in health.”
The also offer access to Walgreens Health Companions. They are specially-trained assistants that will help guide you through the health care process.
- They have the largest network in this state.
- They have a BlueCard program that will provide:
- National coverage when traveling or living outside home state in the United Sates.
- Applies to all 50 states including Puerto Rico.
- Access the BlueCard Worldwide Program which will give you:
- International coverage that is available while you travel outside the U.S. in over 200 countries.
- Their name is established and well-trusted.
- They are a health insurance company that is owned by their members.
- They have an outstanding Member Services and tools like:
- Blue Access – secure member website to access your health plan information, order an ID card, view and print an Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- Provider Finder – helps you find and compare in-network doctors, providers, and hospitals.
- Blue Access Mobile
- Health and Wellness resources
- Valuable Member Programs
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
NOTE: http://www.bcbsil.com/walgreens will also allow you to access the “Find A Doctor or Hospital in the Network” tool and register for a new online account.