Department Phone Number: 1-800-810-2583 (BLUE) or Collect at 1-804-673-1177
BCBS offers health coverage for individuals, couples, families and different groups, which makes them a well-established health insurance company. BCBS allows their members to live free of worry and free of fear. They also offer an individualized approach to healthcare that is based on the different needs of the communities where their members live and work. They work meticulously with hospitals and physicians in the communities they serve to give quality and cost-effective healthcare.
BCBS works with a large network of varied providers in each state to ensure that each individual can get the health care coverage that they prefer and is most suitable for their individual needs. In the United States, the largest health insurance provider is definitely BCBS. They have more than 30 million members registered in their program. Their stability may be seen in all that BCBS does. So if you want a coverage that will never fail you, this is the only name you need to know.
If you are a BCBS Worldwide (now named BCBS Global) member, you may check online to find a doctor outside of the US, Puerto Rico, and US Virgin Islands. This website will give you a tool to decode medical terms and gain access to any emergency information.
When you are a Blue Plan member, you take your healthcare benefits with you when you are abroad by using the BlueCard Worldwide program. This program will provide you with access to medical assistance services and doctors and hospitals in more than 170 countries and territories around the world.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or register page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information, especially your BCBS Identification Card, are close by.
Requirements to access their website online:
- Stable internet access.
Easy steps to follow to access the login page.
- Visit www.bluecardworldwide.com in your preferred search engine. NOTE: the new website is: www.bcbsglobalcore.com
- Click on the box to accept the terms and conditions agreement.
- Type in and provide the first three letters of your ID number found on your BCBS identification card in the space provided.
- Click on the “LOGIN” button.
- To complete your request, provide any other requested information and continue to move forward.
“What do I do if I need medical care in a foreign country?”
1. Before you leave, contact your Blue Plan for coverage details. Coverage outside the United States may be different.
2. Always carry your current Blue Plan ID card.
3. In an emergency, go directly to the nearest hospital.
The Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Core website offers members extensive online travel information, resources and references for specific destinations.
- Create customized destination reports and maps.
- Get access to health reports, including suggested immunizations, recent outbreaks, health advisories, and food-and-water precautions.
- Find useful emergency numbers, telephone codes and a currency converter.
- Access and download International claim forms and Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Core Brochures.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Core Mobile App - Information When You Need It
Use your mobile device to quickly connect to medical care across the globe for anything from emergency needs, to finding the local equivalent for a prescription, to translating your symptoms, to finding the right doctor at home or abroad.