Company Phone Number: Federal Employees – 1-800-492-8872 / All Other Members – 1-800-292-8868
Corporate Office Address:
450 Riverchase Parkway East
Birmingham, Alabama 35244
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama was founded in 1936. Originally named as the Hospital Service Corporation but later named to Blue Cross-Blue Shield of Alabama. Its present name was finalized in the 70’s. They are housed in Birmingham in Alabama. They are a part of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and has been given the Blue Cross Blue Shield Brand Excellence Award for 21 years in a row.
They employ 4,000 people and provide coverage to more than 3 million people and is expected to grow. They aim to consistently give quality and inexpensive healthcare coverage to all of their members.
The following are the types of plans available at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama:
- Individual & Family Plans for individuals and families not covered by an employer plan.
- Medicare Plans for individuals who are Medicare-eligible and looking for more coverage than Original Medicare.
- Group Health Plans- health and dental plans for businesses with 2 or more employees.
- Federal Employee Program for a government employee.
- Long-Term Care Plan for those in need of special nursing care.
- Account-Based Plans (FSA, DCRA, HSA, HRA, LPFSA)- for businesses of two more people.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.