Aetna is the direct descendant of Aetna (Fire) Insurance Company. They were founded in 1853 in Hartford, CT. This name was taken from the most active 11,000-foot tall volcano in Sicily, Mt. Etna. They are an American managed health care company that sells traditional and consumer directed health care insurance and related services, such as medical, pharmaceutical, dental, behavioral health, long-term care, and disability plans, primarily through employer-paid (fully or partly) insurance and benefit programs, and through Medicare.
Aetna has a navigator protected member website that provides their customers the capacity to control both their plans and their health online. Members may also request for prescriptions online, set up preferred mail service, check up on an order’s status, see the history of their prescription, and much, much more. They also have services that are given like access to review detailed claims information for every family member, check on status of a claim, and claims documents that may be downloadable online. Members may access their account 24/7.
Reasons why you should create a new online account:
- Able to create health goals and monitor them.
- Save personal health history and be able to share it with others.
- They have tools to compare costs for office visits, tests, and procedures.
- Tips to save money on health-related products and services are also available.
- You have the ability to research on prescription drugs.
- You may receive forms online.
- Order ID cards.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
Searching and locating a physician may be done by using DocFind. DocFind is another benefit which is secure in finding doctors online. You can log in or simply go online as a guest.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or register page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to use DocFind online:
- Stable internet access
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow to search the Aetna Directory of Health Care Professionals online:
- Visit the following URL in your preferred search engine.
- Type in the location zip, city, country or state in the field provided and then click on the “Search” button.
Easy steps to follow to create a new account online and then perform a secure search online:
- Visit the same site as above in your preferred search engine.
- Click on the “Register Now” button.
- Provide all the information required to create a new account.
Easy steps to follow to securely search by logging in online:
- Visit www.aetna.com/docfind in your preferred search engine.
- Click on the “Login to Secure Site” button
- Type in your user name in the space provided.
- Type in your current password in the space provided.
- Click on the “SECURE LOG IN” button