Viva Medicare Over The Counter Benefits
Who or What is Viva Health, Inc.? It is a health maintenance organization providing health care. Its sister company, Viva Health Administration, L.L.C., offers third party administration (TPA) services. Professionals who have years in the health care industry manage these companies. They are also part of the renowned University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Health System. Founded in 1995, Viva Health, Inc. is a preferred healthcare provider for many of Alabama companies, They have more than 100,000 members and are continuing to grow.
If you have questions about your plan, you should call the phone number found on the back of your health plan member card.
VIVA MEDICARE MEMBER SERVICES
Regular Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm
General Contact Phone Number: (205) 918-2067 or 1-800-633-1542
TTY Users Dial 711
This article pertains to the following Viva Medicare Plans:
- Extra Value
Their plans are created to offer the following types of benefits:
- QUARTERLY OVER-THE-COUNTER DRUG ALLOWANCE
- FITNESS CENTER BENEFIT
- PREVENTIVE SERVICES
- EXTENSIVE NETWORK OF DOCTORS
- WORLDWIDE EMERGENCY
- DENTAL COVERAGE
- MUCH MORE!
What is the QUARTERLY OVER-THE-COUNTER DRUG ALLOWANCE?
Every quarter, they will provide you with an allowance for purchasing common over-the-counter items like pain relievers, allergy medicines and vitamins. No money out of pocket required!
Why USE the QUARTERLY OVER-THE-COUNTER DRUG ALLOWANCE?
Again, NO EXTRA COSTS!
All of the eligible OTC products are all purchased by using a credit / pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders will be shipped to your home at no extra charge. Free Shipping.
How to use the QUARTERLY OVER-THE-COUNTER DRUG ALLOWANCE?
There are 2 ways that Eligible Members can spend this allowance:
Do you qualify?
Not every plan includes a quarterly allowance. You will need to make sure you check your plan’s Summary of Benefits of your personal current plan to confirm if a plan offers this benefit. If it does, you must also check the plan’s specific OTC allowance frequency, as it can be either monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount varies and depends on the plan. You may call the number provided at the beginning of this article for direction.
NOTE: please visit the VIVA site directly to verify the details and obtain more information. You may also visit the links below for more information.
Ready to Register or Login to your Account Online & Start Shopping?
Steps to follow to register for a NEW online account:
- Visit: https://www.cvs.com/otchs/viva
- Click on the red and white “Create account” link located under the “First-time visitor?” section and to be sent to: https://www.cvs.com/otchs/viva/register
- Type in and provide the following:
- Member ID
- Your Date of Birth
- Your Zip Code
- Email Address
- Create and type in a Password
- Click on the red “Continue” button.
- Provide all the required information and continue to move forward until you receive a successful registration confirmation.
Steps to follow to login to a Current account:
- Visit: www.cvs.com/otchs/viva
- (please be aware that: https://viva.otchs.com/ is the old website address)
- Type in the following:
- Your Member ID OR Email Address in the field provided.
- Your current Password in the field provided.
- Click on the red “Sign in” button.
- Begin managing your VIVA Medicare OTC online account.
NOTICE: the old website login links were:
- http //myorder.otchs.com