Medicare Part C
Medicare Advantage (also known as Part C) is an “all in one” alternative to Original Medicare. These “bundled” plans include Part A, Part B, and usually Part D.
Medicare Part D – Prescription Drug Coverage
Part D adds prescription drug coverage to:
- Original Medicare
- Some Medicare Cost Plans
- Some Medicare Private-Fee-for-Service Plans
- Medicare Medical Savings Account Plans
These PART D plans are offered by insurance companies and other private companies approved by Medicare. Medicare Advantage Plans may also offer prescription drug coverage that follows the same rules as Medicare Prescription Drug Plans.
Are you unsure about what kind of coverage you have?
- Review your red, white, and blue Medicare card.
- Check all other insurance cards that you use and call the phone number on the cards to get receive information about the coverage available.
- Check your Medicare health or drug plan enrollment paperwork.
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227).