Need to contact or place a phone call to CVS OTC Health Solutions: 1-(877)-777-9470 (TTY: 711)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Imperial Health Plan of California, Inc. is permitted by the California Department of Managed Health Care to provide service Medicare Advantage coverage, paired with a Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug plan plus a Chronic Condition Special Needs Plan in over 12 counties in California. Imperial also offers Medicare Advantage Plans in five (5) other states in the US. They have a mission to provide beneficial care to members so they experience health in body, mind, and spirit to attain their innate potential. Imperial sees their future as the one to deliver value-based care that is clinically successful, sustainable, and achieves exceptional outcome.
Imperial Health Plan requires their members to have both Medicare Parts A and B to be able to enjoy their coverage. They must also be residing in their service area and is a citizen of the United States. A select few of their plans have additional requirements to join. For those joining the Imperial Senior Value (HMO C-SNP), the enrollee must be diagnosed with a cardiovascular disorder, chronic heart failure, and / or diabetes.
Imperial Health Plan Medicare Advantage offers all that the Original Medicare offers to their members, plus a lot more:
- Routine Foot Care
- Inclusive of six (6) routine foot care visits per calendar year.
- Wellness Programs
- Home Fitness Program and participating fitness centers are provided through the Silver&Fit Program. This is provided by the American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc.
- Outpatient Substance Abuse
- Inclusive of an individual or group setting
- Over-the-Counter Benefit
- A dollar allowance is provided every quarter through their OTC mail order catalog.
- And many more!
What is the Imperial Health Plan of California Over-the-Counter Benefit?
This is a program that will enable you to acquire over-the-counter items that will arrive at your address in the mail. The card must be activated and the initial OTC dollar amount will be loaded onto the card. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
Imperial Health Plan Medicare Advantage works with DrugSource, Inc. which will enable their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Eye and Ear Care
- First aid supplies
- Allergy sprays and gels
- Skin and sun care products
- Cold and flu products
- Dental and Denture Care
- Antacids and Acid Reducers
- Vitamins and Minerals
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders:
- They may scroll down below and go through on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may place their orders by calling 1 (877) 777-9470, TTY: 711
- They may send in a completed order form via mail or fax.
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a monthly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the monthly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your Imperial Health Plan of California OTC account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Member information
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow for new members who need to create an account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Member ID in the space provided. Your Member ID is the 8-digit number indicated on your card.
- Type in your Date of Birth in the space provided in this format: MMDDYYYY.
- Select the “Sign in” button to proceed.
- You may start shopping for OTC essentials or managing your account online.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- Multiple orders may be placed every quarter.
- Delivery time: Please allow 7-10 business days for your items to arrive.
- Any and all unused balances do not roll over to the next benefit period.
- There is no need for a prescription to receive products in this program.
You may download Imperial Health Plan of California OTC Catalog:
If you wish to download the catalog, you may visit the link below:
Important information to take note of:
- If you are ordering by mail, you have to make sure that you follow the instructions to complete the order form. You have to mail it to the address indicated on the order form included in the catalog.
- If you are ordering by fax, send in the completed order form to 1-847-258-1913.
- If you have further questions about your plan, it is best to directly contact the following numbers: 1-800-838-8271 or 1-800-708-5976.
Imperial Health Plan of California OTC Over-the-Counter Video Summary:
Want to view more articles on this topic? Click here to search our article database.