Need to contact or place a phone call to Vantage Health Plan: 1-833-FREE-OTC (1-833-373-3682)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Vantage Health Plan, Inc. started in 1994 by a group of physicians who desired to provide quality healthcare coverage by using the teamwork of physicians together with their patients. This dedication to quality and care is still innate in Vantage more than two decades later. Vantage has a membership that steadily grows over the past 20 years. They now provide health insurance coverage for almost 40,000 members and has a contract with more than 15,000 healthcare providers. Vantage takes pride in providing friendly and excellent customer service paired with quality healthcare products.
Vantage Health Plan currently has corporate offices located in Monroe, Louisiana, and has increased their office locations to Baton Rouge, Oak Grove, Shreveport, Mangham, and more!
Vantage Health Plan provides plans in all 64 parishes of Louisiana, 36 counties in Mississippi, and 6 counties in Arkansas.
Vantage Medicare Advantage offers benefits that the Original Medicare does not offer. The other covered services are as follows:
- Silver&Fit Program by American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc.
- Renal Dialysis
- Foot Care
- Vision Services
- Over-the-Counter Benefit
- And many more!
What is the Vantage Health Plan Medicare Advantage Health Over-the-Counter Benefit?
This is a program that will enable you to acquire over-the-counter items that will arrive at your address in the mail. The card must be activated and the initial OTC dollar amount will be loaded onto the card. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
Vantage Health Plan Medicare Advantage works with Saint John Pharmacy that will allow their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Eye and Ear Care
- First aid supplies
- Allergy sprays and gels
- Skin and sun care products
- Cold and flu products
- Dental and Denture Care
- Antacids and Acid Reducers
- Vitamins and Minerals
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders:
- They may scroll down below and go through on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may place their orders by calling 1-833-FREE-OTC (1-833-373-3682), TTY: 711
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a monthly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the monthly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your Vantage Health Plan Medicare Advantage OTC account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Member information
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow for new members who need to create an account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “Click here to get started” link that may be found on the page.
- You will be asked for the type of account that you wish to register. Select the “Member” option to proceed.
- Type in your SSN in the space provided.
- Type in your First and Last Names in the spaces provided.
- Type in your Date of Birth in the space provided.
- Place a check mark (✓) inside the box beside “I’m not a robot”.
- Select the blue “Find Customer” button to move forward.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the necessary information until you receive a successful registration confirmation.
Easy steps to follow for existing members who need to log in to their account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- By the “Log in” part of the page, type in your User ID in the space provided.
- Type in your current Password in the space provided.
- Select the blue “Log in” button to move forward.
- You may now start managing your current account online.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- Vantage Health Plan uses credits for this OTC benefit. These credits are available for each member separately. As an example, if a husband and wife have Vantage Medicare, both will receive 100 credits every quarter for a total of 200 credits for that quarter.
- Credits are not carried over to the next quarter and will not be rolled over to the following year.
- Delivery time: Please allow 10-14 days once your OTC order is made. The pharmacy will send your orders within that timeframe.
- Return Policy: The pharmacy will not be responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. Die to the personal nature of these products, returns are not accepted.
- All credits must be used each quarter:
- Jan, Feb, Mar (Quarter 1)
- April, May, June (Quarter 2)
- July, August, September (Quarter 3)
- October, November, December (Quarter 4)
You may download Aetna Medicare OTC Catalog:
If you wish to download the catalog, please visit the link below:
Important information to take note of:
- If you have further questions about your plan, it is best to directly contact the following numbers: (888) 823-1910, TTY: (866) 524-5144
Vantage Health Plan OTC Over-the-Counter Video Summary:
Want to view more articles on this topic? Click here to search our article database.