Need to contact or place a phone call to Nations OTC Advisor: 844-432-4327 (TTY: 711)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
EmblemHealth is among the biggest nonprofit health plans in the United States. They are based at 55 Water Street in Lower Manhattan in New York City. EmblemHealth is a $10 billion company with 3.1 million members. EmblemHealth was established in 2006 via the merger of Group Health Incorporated (GHI) and the Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP).
EmblemHealth strongly believes in health care for everyone, which means quality coverage that anybody can afford. They have products, programs, and partnerships that deliver value in several ways, which include:
- Helping members stay healthy
- Their Neighborhood Care locations offer free wellness and fitness classes.
- Pharmacy management
- Their strong pharmacy management program assists in keeping drug costs low.
- Quality over quantity
- EmblemHealth works with providers in finding solutions that deliberate member’s health over the long term, never short term.
- Best-in-Class Care
- Their Centers of Excellence offers access to top-level care at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center 1 and Hospital for Special Surgery 2.
- Investing in our Members
- Being a not-for-profit, they reinvest in their organization, their members, and the communities they serve.
EmblemHealth Plan, Inc. is a PPO plan with a standalone PDP that has a Medicare contract. Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP) is an HMO/HMO-POS/HMO D-SNP plan that has a Medicare contract plus a Coordination of Benefits Agreement with the New York State Department of Health. EmblemHealth sets itself apart from the competitors via a combined force of experience, personalized service, a choice of plan options and their huge hospital and provider networks. EmblemHealth Medicare Plans are Medicare Advantage Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans. This HMO plan will assist in choosing a doctor who will provide a member’s everyday care. Aside from Over-the-Counter, they also have the following benefits to help members live healthier lives:
- 24-hour Nurse Hotline
- SilverSneakers Fitness Program
- Care for the Family Caregiver
- AdvantageCare Physicians
- Neighborhood Care
What is the EmblemHealth Medicare Plans Over-the-Counter Benefit?
This is a program that will enable you to acquire over-the-counter items that will arrive at your address in the mail. The card must be activated and the initial OTC dollar amount will be loaded onto the card. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
Save your time – one less trip to the pharmacy will mean that members may get to spend more valuable time on what matters most.
Easy access – OTC purchases are sent straight to the members’ homes. The need to drive anywhere will be lessened.
You will save money – Members may get OTC items they require without using money out of your own pocket. An allowance per quarter will be used on a varied range of health-related products like cold remedies and other personal care products.
Shipping is FREE – No shipping or handling fees!
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
EmblemHealth Medicare Plans works with Nations OTC that will enable their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Allergy sprays and gels
- Skin and sun care products
- Cold and flu products
- First aid supplies
- Antacids and acid reducers
- Dental and Denture Care
- Eye and Ear Care
- Vitamins and Minerals
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders:
- They may scroll down below and go through on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may place their orders by calling 877-239-2942, TTY: 711
- They may send a completed order form to the address indicated at the bottom of the form.
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a monthly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the monthly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your EmblemHealth Medicare Plans OTC account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Member information
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow for new cardholders who wish to activate their OTC card online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your 19-digit card number in the space provided.
- Select the red “LOGIN” button to move forward.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the necessary information to complete the activation.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- The benefit is intended for members’ use only. Using this benefit to purchase OTC essentials for family or friends is strictly prohibited.
- Delivery time: Please allow 2-5 business days for your item to be delivered to your home address.
- Return Policy: Due to the personal nature of the products, returns are not entertained.
You may download EmblemHealth OTC Catalog: