Need to contact or place a phone call to Security Health: 1-877-216-8533 or 715-221-9208
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Security Health Plan of Wisconsin, Inc. is a part of Marshfield Clinic Health System, which is a not-for-profit health maintenance organization. They are committed to enhancing their members’ overall health, while managing health care costs and giving them a high-quality health care experience.
Security Health Plan has a history of assisting their members in getting affordable health care that goes back to 1971 when they were founded as the Greater Marshfield Community Health Plan. That is the first health maintenance organization (HMO) in Wisconsin and the leader in rural HMO in the nation. They changed their name to Security Health Plan in 1986.
They currently provide a varied selection of health insurance options for employer groups as well as individuals and families of all ages and levels of income. They have a network that is inclusive of doctors, some other health care professionals, pharmacies, together with hospitals that you know and trust.
Security Health Plan offers members more from their Medicare coverage. Their Medicare Advantage Plans offer benefits well beyond the Original Medicare, plus the ability to see any doctor who is Medicare certified and has not opted out of Medicare. These benefits are as follows:
- SilverSneakers Fitness Programs
- This popular benefit is offered at no cost to the members. The member gets to enjoy an access that includes a basic membership to SilverSneakers’ vast network of national and locally-owned fitness centers.
- This is inclusive of 1 free preventive eye exam and a refraction every calendar year, plus allowance for eyeglasses
- Member’s copay for one routine hearing exam per calendar year is what is included in the plan. The members can save money on hearing aids of up to two units annually.
- Security collaborates with Delta Dental to offer optional supplemental dental benefits.
- Over-the-Counter Benefit
- This plan offers their members a way to save money on OTC essentials and have it delivered to their home address.
What is the Security Health Plan Over-the-Counter Benefit?
It is a benefit that provides members a FREE allowance that they may enjoy to purchase OTC drugs at no extra cost. A predetermined dollar amount or allowance is provided to you within this plan. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
Security Health Plan enables their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Anti-Diarrheal, Laxatives and Digestive Health
- Dental and Denture Care
- Bathroom Safety and Fall Prevention
- Home Diagnostics
- Pain Relief
- Antacids and Acid Reducers
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Eye and Ear Care
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders to:
- They may go online and scroll down below on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may fax their order form at 1-877-216-8533 or 715-221-9717.
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a quarterly or monthly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the quarterly or monthly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your Security Health Plan OTC account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Member information
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow for new members who need to register their account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the red “Register now” link that may be found beside the grey “Log in” button on the page.
- Type in your First and Last Names in the spaces provided.
- Type in your Date of Birth on the space provided in this format: MM/DD/YYYY.
- Type in your Subscriber number or your Medicaid number indicated on your ID card in the space provided.
- Place a check (✓) mark in the box to indicate that you are not a robot.
- Select the grey “Continue” button to proceed.
- Continue to provide the necessary information until you receive an email notification that you have registered your account.
An email verification will appear in your inbox once you have registered successfully. This will give you complete access to your online account and start taking advantage of Security Health Plan OTC pharmacy benefits that is included in your plan.
Easy steps to follow for existing members who need to access their account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred search engine on your device.
- Type in your Username on the space provided.
- Type in your current Password on the space provided.
- Select the grey “Log in” button to proceed.
- You may now begin to manage your account or shop for your over-the-counter essentials.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- Any and all unused benefits will not roll over to the next benefit period.
- The benefit is available at the first day of each quarter of the calendar year. All orders must be sent in by the 20th of the end of each quarter: March 20, June 20, September 20, and December 20. Only one order per quarter may be placed for each quarter.
- If your order exceeds the actual benefit amount, you will have to provide payment information like credit or debit card.
You may download Security Health Plan OTC Catalog:
If you wish to download the catalog, please visit the link below:
Important information to take note of:
- If you have further questions about your plan, it is best to directly contact the number indicated at the back of your health plan member card.
Security Health Plan OTC Over-the-Counter Video Summary:
Want to view more articles on this topic? Click here to search our article database.