Need to contact or place a phone call to Valor Health Plan: 1-800-485-3793 TTY: 711
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Valor Health Plan always assigns personal care managers to assist members in coordinating their care. Valor Health Plan is an HMO-SNP that has a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Valor Health Plan HMO-SNP depends on contract renewal.
Valor Health Plan (HMO-SNP) is a Medicare Advantage health plan that is created particularly for Medicare beneficiaries who stay in a long-term care facility. They are based in Northeast Ohio and is currently available in select Ohio CMS-approved counties.
The Valor Advantage is what makes this health plan different from other health plans offered in Ohio. Other than their low cost premium for medical coverage, they also have the following:
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy
- Skilled Nursing Care
- No prior hospital stay requirement
- Local Care Team
- Hans-on registered nurses and nurse practitioners to assist with quality care coordination
- All-in-One Plan
- Covers the original Medicare benefits including Medicare Part D prescription drugs
- Over-the-Counter OTC Benefit
- Dollar amount per quarter OTC benefit
What is the Valor Health Plan Medicare Advantage Over-the-Counter Benefit?
This is a program that will enable you to acquire over-the-counter items that will arrive at your address in the mail. The card must be activated and the initial OTC dollar amount will be loaded onto the card. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
Save your time – one less trip to the pharmacy will mean that members may get to spend more valuable time on what matters most.
Easy access – OTC purchases are sent straight to the members’ homes. The need to drive anywhere will be lessened.
You will save money – Members may get OTC items they require without using money out of your own pocket. An allowance per quarter will be used on a varied range of health-related products like cold remedies and other personal care products.
Shipping is FREE – No shipping or handling fees!
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
Valor Health Plan Medicare Advantage works with Medline that will allow their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Eye and Ear Care
- First aid supplies
- Allergy sprays and gels
- Skin and sun care products
- Cold and flu products
- Dental and Denture Care
- Antacids and Acid Reducers
- Vitamins and Minerals
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders:
- They may scroll down below and go through on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may place their orders by calling 1-800-485-3793, TTY: 711
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a monthly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the monthly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your Valor Health Plan Medicare Advantage OTC account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Member information
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow for new members who need to register or create an account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the blue “Create Account” button found below the “First Time User” at the right portion of the page.
- Type in your Member ID in the space provided. Contact your account representative if you do not have it.
- Enter your Date of Birth in the spaces provided.
- Type in your preferred Password and confirm in the spaces provided.
- Type in your Email Address in the space provided.
- Review your registration details then select the “Register” button to proceed.
- Your registration will be confirmed via email. You may then begin to purchase personal care items for yourself and have them shipped directly to your home address.
Easy steps to follow for existing members who need to login to their current account online:
- Visit link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Member ID on the space provided.
- Type in your current Password on the space provided.
- Select the “Login” button to proceed.
- You may now start to manage your account online.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- Delivery time: Please allow 7 to 10 business days for your orders to arrive at your home.
- All the monthly benefit amount must be consumed in one order.
- Your order total must not exceed your monthly benefit amount. Cash, checks, credit cards or money orders are not accepted under this OTC benefit.
- The OTC benefit is intended for the health essential need of the member alone. Using the benefit to purchase OTC items for friends and family members is strictly prohibited.
- Return policy: Due to the personal nature of the products, returns are not accepted. If a produced is damaged upon receiving orders, contact the OTC Benefit services within 30 days.
- The OTC items are available via home delivery only. Products may not be purchased at a local retail pharmacy or via any source other than what Valor Health has listed above.
You may download Valor Health Plan OTC Catalog: