Need to contact or place a phone call to Medical Mutual: 1-844-481-6720 (TTY: 711 for hearing impaired)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Medical Mutual has been insuring communities in Ohio since 1934. They have been the most trusted health insurer for more than 80 years. Medical Mutual, together with its family of companies, have services and values that set them apart from others. They operate for the sake of their members without having the need to meet the demands of stockholders or Wall Street analysts. They focus, instead, on product development and services that will enable them to enhance their service to their customers and the communities they serve, hence assisting their members achieve their health’s best potential and quality of life.
Medicare Advantage Plans blend in the benefits of Medicare Parts A and B while also providing Part D prescription drug coverage. Added benefits like health and fitness programs, health assessments or disease management programs will be included in any MedMutual Advantage Plan.
Medical Mutual offers MedMutual Advantage members a health and wellness program at no added cost to the member. Members will have access to these programs that are created to further improve their health and quality of life. MedMutual also have discounts and rewards programs to assist in keeping money in the member’s pocket. Learn more about the programs below:
- Available to over 16,000 fitness centers across the entire nation. The program includes cardio classes, yoga, social activities, walking groups at local parks, and many more!
- Disease Management Program
- This program will assist members in staying healthy while managing their chronic conditions and keep their independence.
- Home Meals Program
- Members who have returned home from an inpatient hospital stay will be eligible for this program. Two meals a day for seven days will be directly sent to their home address as they continue their recovery.
- Transportation Services
- Members who are returning home from an inpatient hospital stay are qualified for their non-medical emergency transportation program. This program will allow the member up to 24 one-way trips to doctor’s visits and other medical appointments.
- Simply Supplies from Medical Mutual
- Over-the-Counter medical supplies will be delivered to members’ homes at no additional cost to them. This is applicable to MedMutual Advantage Plus HMO and Premium PPO plan members.
What is the MedMutual Advantage Over the Counter Benefit?
This is a supplemental over-the-counter (OTC) benefit that enables you to purchase OTC drugs through Walmart at no extra cost. A predetermined dollar amount or allowance is provided to you within this plan. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of OTC products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
MedMutual Advantage enables their members to make the most of their OTC benefit. OTC Health solutions has an online program that makes it achievable for millions of involved members to purchase items effortlessly by utilizing the home delivery program that they have.
Members who are qualified for the benefit program will be able to easily use their over the counter benefit from the comforts of their home, whether online or over the phone or mailing it in. Their members may enjoy the following items together with this supplementary benefit:
- Skin care
- Cough and cold, allergy medicines
- First aid care
- Products for the stomach and bowel
- Hygiene products
- Mosquito spray
- Medicines for the eyes
- Mouth and teeth cleansing products
- Pain medicine
- And so much more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders to:
- They may go online and scroll down below on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may call over the phone at 1-844-481-6720 (TTY 711)
- They may order by mail by sending a completed product order form to the address indicated on the order form.
- They may send in their orders via email: MedMutualOrders@GentryHealthServices.com including their MedMutual Member ID, Name, Address, and Contact Number.
- They may also fax in their orders to: 1-888-891-0273.
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a quarterly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the quarterly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to register or sign in to a MedMutual Advantage account online and activate your new card:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Member information
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow for members who need to order their OTC items online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “Online Request Form” link that may be found in the “online” process for placing your orders. You will be redirected to this link.
- Type in the last five (5) digits of your Member ID in the space provided.
- Type in your Date of Birth in the space provided.
- Type in your First and Last Names in the spaces provided.
- Type in your Address in the space provided.
- Type in your City in the space provided.
- Select your State from the drop-down options.
- Type in your ZIP Code in the space provided.
- Type in your Phone number in the space provided.
- Type in a valid Email Address to receive an order confirmation response.
- Select the OTC items you will need from the drop-down menu options.
- Type in any special details about your request in the space provided.
- Place a check mark (✓) in the box to indicate that the request is complete.
- Select the “Submit” button to send your request to the OTC company.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- Delivery time: Please allow 10-14 business days from the time Gentry Health Services receives your order to have it delivered to your address.
- You may place your order two weeks’ prior the end of your benefit period to ensure that the OTC company can process it within the applicable benefit period.
- Multiple orders may be done in a benefit period but must not exceed your plan’s allowance. Any and all unused benefit does not roll over to the following benefit period.
You may download MedMutual Advantage OTC Catalog:
If you wish to download the catalog, you may visit the link below:
Important information to take note of:
- If you are ordering by mail, you have to make sure that you follow the instructions to complete the order form. You have to mail it to the address indicated on the form
- If you have further questions about your plan, it is best to directly contact the number indicated at the back of your health plan member card.
Member services contact number is 1-800-982-3117 TTY:711
MedMutual Advantage OTC Over-the-Counter Video Summary:
Want to view more articles on this topic? Click here to search our article database.