Need to contact or place a phone call to Peoples Health: 1-833-845-8798 TTY: 711
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Peoples Health is a Medicare Advantage organization that is trusted by over 80,000 residents in Louisiana. They were formed in 1994 by medical providers while being guided by physicians. Peoples Health is focused on offering plans to Medicare beneficiaries. During the formative years of Medicare Advantage in 1997, Peoples Health started a project that assisted Medicare in testing the Medicare Advantage concept. That project, the pioneering health plan in Louisiana, is currently one of the state’s biggest names in Medicare Advantage plans. It is truly a homegrown success story.
Peoples Health has plan members who are backed by a Medicare health team who are made up of local healthcare professionals to help in assisting and coordinating care to the members. This team will do simple reminders about annual screenings and more complex care coordination while working with their plan members to assist them in enjoying their best health possible.
Most of Peoples Health plans are inclusive of everything that the Original Medicare does not cover which are as follows:
- Food Allowance
- Fitness Club Membership
- Routine Vision and Dental Care
- Respite Care
- Over-the-Counter Health and Wellness Items
- And many more!
The following plans provided by Peoples Health is inclusive of the over-the-counter benefit together with a healthy food benefit which members may be able to enjoy in 2021:
- Peoples Health Choices 65 (HMO)
- Peoples Health Choices (PPO)
- Peoples Health Patriot (PPO)
- Peoples Health Choices Gold (HMO)
- Peoples Health Secure Health (HMO D-SNP)
- Peoples Health Secure Complete (HMO D-SNP)
What is the Peoples Health Over-the-Counter Benefit?
This is a program that will enable you to acquire over-the-counter items that will arrive at your address in the mail. The card must be activated and the initial OTC dollar amount will be loaded onto the card. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
Save your time – one less trip to the pharmacy will mean that members may get to spend more valuable time on what matters most.
Easy access – OTC purchases are sent straight to the members’ homes. The need to drive anywhere will be lessened.
You will save money – Members may get OTC items they require without using money out of your own pocket. An allowance per quarter will be used on a varied range of health-related products like cold remedies and other personal care products.
Shipping is FREE – No shipping or handling fees!
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
Peoples Health works with Solutran which will enable their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Eye and Ear Care
- First aid supplies
- Allergy sprays and gels
- Skin and sun care products
- Cold and flu products
- Dental and Denture Care
- Antacids and Acid Reducers
- Vitamins and Minerals
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders:
- They may scroll down below and go through on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may place their orders by calling 1-833-853-8587, TTY: 711
- They may visit a participating store by finding one through the OTC website’s Store Locator.
- They may send in a completed order form to the address indicated in the catalog.
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a monthly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the monthly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your Peoples Health OTC account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Member information
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow for new members who need to register their account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the green “Get Started” button for you to be redirected to this link.
- Type in your card number on the space provided. Your card number is the 17-digit number indicated at the back of your card.
- Type in your ZIP Code in the space provided.
- Type in your Date of Birth in the space provided.
- Select the green “Continue” button to move forward.
- Continue to proceed and give all the necessary information to confirm your identity until you receive an email verification of your account.
An email verification will appear in your inbox once you have registered successfully. This will give you complete access to your online account and start taking advantage of Peoples Health OTC pharmacy benefits that is included in your plan.
Easy steps to follow for existing members who need to sign in to their current account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “Log in” link located at the upper right hand portion of the page.
- Enter your current Email Address in the space provided.
- Enter your Password in the space provided.
- Select the green “LOG IN” button to move forward.
- You may now begin to manage your account online.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- Each quarter of the year is divided into three-month increments:
- Quarter 1: January 1-March 31
- Quarter 2: April 1-June 30
- Quarter 3: July 1-September 30
- Quarter 4: October 1-December 31
- All shipping charges are covered by the plan whenever members order online, mail or by phone.
You may download Peoples Health OTC Catalog: