Need to contact or place a phone call toHumana Pharmacy Representative:1-855-211-8370 (TTY: 711)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Humana Inc. is a for-profit American health insurance company with their headquarters located in Louisville, Kentucky. As of 2014, Humana had more than 13 million members in the US and reported a 2013 revenue of US$41.3 billion with almost 42,000 employees. Humana ranked 56th in the Fortune 500 list and made it to the highest ranked (by revenues) company based in Kentucky. They are the third largest health insurance in the nation.
Humana Gold Plus H5619-021 (HMO) is a Medicare Advantage HMO plan that has a Medicare contract. To be able to enjoy Humana Gold Plus (HMO), members must be entitled to Medicare Part A, enrolled in Part B and must be residing in the Los Angeles or Orange Counties.
A healthy partnership means members getting more from their plan – with additional services and resources provided by Humana:
- COVID-19 Testing and Treatment
- Members get $0 copay for testing and treatment services for COVID-19.
- Health Essentials Kit
- Members receive a kit that includes over-the-counter items that are useful for preventing the spread of COVID-19 and other viruses.
- Humana Well Dine Meal Program
- Members will receive a meal program after an inpatient stay in the hospital or nursing facility.
- Over-the-Counter Mail Order
- Members will receive a quarterly allowance for approved select over-the-counter health and wellness products from Humana Pharmacy.
- And many more!
What is the Humana Gold Plus H5619-021 (HMO) Over the Counter Benefit?
The plan is inclusive of a supplemental over-the-counter (OTC) benefit that enables members to purchase OTC drugs at no extra cost. A predetermined dollar amount or allowance is provided within this plan. This benefit will also assist eligible members with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under their plan. To add to this, it can aid in saving money on a vast array of health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
Save your time – one less trip to the pharmacy will mean that members may get to spend more valuable time on what matters most.
Easy access – OTC purchases are sent straight to the members’ homes. The need to drive anywhere will be lessened.
You will save money – Members may get OTC items they require without using money out of your own pocket. An allowance per quarter will be used on a varied range of health-related products like cold remedies and other personal care products.
Shipping is FREE – No shipping or handling fees!
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
Humana Gold Plus H5619-021 (HMO) allows their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Cold and Flu
- First Aid
- Personal Care
- Home Diagnostics
- Pain Relievers
- Diabetes Care
- Oral Care
- Eye and Ear Care
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders to:
- They may go online and scroll down below on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may fax in the order form at 1-800-379-7617.
- They may send in a completed order form and send it to the address indicated.
- They may also order their OTC products via the Humana Pharmacy Mobile App, directly from their mobile device.
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a quarterly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the quarterly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your Humana Gold Plus H5619-021 (HMO) OTC account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Member ID information
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow for new members who need to register their account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the white and purple “Register” button found on the page.
- Type in your Member ID in the space provided. NOTE: The Member ID may be found on your Humana ID card. Depending on your card, it may be called your Subscriber ID, Sub ID, ID, or ID #. Just enter the first nine (9) digits with no spaces or dashes. However, if your member ID has an “H” at the beginning, make sure to include this as part of your Member ID.
- Type in your ZIP Code in the space provided.
- Type in your Date of Birth in the spaces provided.
- Type in a valid Email Address and confirm in the spaces provided.
- Select the purple “Continue” button to move forward.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the necessary information to complete the activation.
An email verification will appear in your inbox once you have registered successfully. This will give you complete access to your online account and start taking advantage of Humana Gold Plus H5619-021 (HMO) OTC pharmacy benefits that is included in your plan.
Easy steps to follow for existing members who need to log in to their account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Username in the space provided.
- Type in your current Password in the space provided.
- Select the purple “Sign in” button to proceed.
- Once you get in to your account, you may now be able to manage it and / or purchase your OTC product requirements.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- OTC items may only be purchased for the plan enrollee. It is prohibited to buy OTC items for family members and friends.
- If your order total exceeds your allowance, please include your check, money order, or enter your credit card information to pay for the remaining amount due. Failure to do so will lead to items being cancelled.
- For monthly allowances, send your orders by the 20th of each month.
- For quarterly allowances, send your order by the last week of your allowance period. Last month of quarters are March, June, September, and December.
You may download Humana Gold Plus Catalog: