Need to contact or place a phone call to Healthy Savings Toll Free Line: 1-833-862-8276 (TTY 711)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
UCare is an independent and non-profit health plan organization that is driven by a good number of hard-working individuals. UCare has collaborated with health care providers and community organizations all across Minnesota and western Wisconsin to offer, simplify and completely understand health coverage for their customers.
UCare functions in affiliation with health care providers as well as community organizations, UCare serves the following:
- Medicare-eligible individuals
- Adults with disabilities
- People and families who choose health coverage through MNsure, the insurance marketplace
- People and families who are enrolled in the Minnesota Health Care Programs like MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance
When people choose UCare Medicare Plan, they get to witness people power at work in everything they do. This is the reason why 95% of their Medicare members choose to stay with them every year.
Members get to enjoy the following and more:
- Health club membership with SilverSneakers
- Plans include a gym membership at no extra cost with access to tools to assist in the improvement of their health while staying fit
- Coverage while traveling
- Travel in the U.S. and receive care from any provider that acknowledges Medicare, including an emergency worldwide coverage
- Dental, vision, and hearing coverage
- UCare Medicare Plans are inclusive of several extras like dental, vision, and hearing services
- Over-the-Counter Allowance
- UCare Medicare plans will help members in saving money with an allowance to spend on qualifying OTC items
- And many more!
What is the UCare Medicare Plan Over-the-Counter Benefit?
This is a program that will enable you to acquire over-the-counter items that will arrive at your address in the mail. The card must be activated and the initial OTC dollar amount will be loaded onto the card. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
Save your time – one less trip to the pharmacy will mean that members may get to spend more valuable time on what matters most.
Easy access – OTC purchases are sent straight to the members’ homes. The need to drive anywhere will be lessened.
You will save money – Members may get OTC items they require without using money out of your own pocket. An allowance per quarter will be used on a varied range of health-related products like cold remedies and other personal care products.
Shipping is FREE – No shipping or handling fees!
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
UCare Medicare Plan allows their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Eye and Ear Care
- First aid supplies
- Allergy sprays and gels
- Skin and sun care products
- Cold and flu products
- Dental and Denture Care
- Antacids and Acid Reducers
- Vitamins and Minerals
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders:
- They may scroll down below and go through on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may place their orders by calling 1-833-862-8276, TTY: 711
- They may visit a participating store by finding one through the OTC website’s Store Locator.
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a monthly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the monthly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your UCare Medicare Plan OTC account online:
- Stable internet access
- Personal information
- Email address
- Member information
Easy steps to follow for new members who need to register an account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the blue “GET STARTED” button that may be found on the page.
- Type in your 17-digit card number which may be found at the back of your card.
- Type in your ZIP Code in the space provided.
- Type in your Date of Birth in the space provided.
- Review the registration details and select “CONTINUE” to proceed.
- Continue to move forward and provide the required information until you receive a successful registration confirmation.
- You will be able to manage your account as soon as it has been verified.
An email verification will appear in your inbox once you have registered successfully. This will give you complete access to your online account and start taking advantage of UCare Medicare Plan OTC pharmacy benefits that is included in your plan.
Easy steps to follow for existing members who need to sign in to their current account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “Log In” link found on the right side of the page.
- Type in your Email Address in the space provided.
- Enter your current Password in the space provided.
- Select the “LOG IN” button to continue forward.
- You may now begin to manage your account online.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- There will be no limits as to how often members can shop.
- The catalog attached to this article includes some of the most popular Medicare-approved OTC items members can buy with their allowance. More products may be viewed online at the website or in-store.
- If your orders exceed your benefit amount, you must pay the balance.
- If your orders are lost or stolen, contact the Customer Service hotline at 1-833-862-8276, TTY: 711. Do not forget to have your order number handy.
You may download UCare Medicare OTC Catalog: