Need to contact or place a phone call to L.A. Care Cal MediConnect: 1-833-832-7309 (TTY:711)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
L.A. Care Health Plan has been formed in 1997 as an independent public agency that was made by the state of California to offer health coverage to low-income Los Angeles County residents. They are the nation’s largest publicly operated health plan that serves over 2 million members in five health plans. With this, they make sure their members get the proper care at the right place and time.
The Cal MediConnect Program is a vital advancement in the country’s health care system to assist those who are eligible for both Medicare and Medi-Cal. The California Department of Health Care Services, together with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, formed this voluntary program. Both agencies are directly contracting with five (5) dependable health plans for the Cal MediConnect program in the Los Angeles Counting, including L.A. Care Health Plan.
The members of L.A. Care Cal MediConnect Plan will be able to enjoy the following:
- $0 monthly premium
- Vision Services
- SilverSneakers Fitness Benefit
- Transportation services which include Non-Emergency Medical Transportation and Non-Medical Transportation
- Telehealth Services
- Acupuncture Services
- Emergency and Urgently needed services coverage
- Prescription Drugs
- No out-of-pocket costs to visit PCP and specialists
- Vision services
- Over-the-Counter benefit
What is the L.A. Care Cal MediConnect Plan Over-the-Counter Benefit?
This is a program that will enable you to acquire over-the-counter items that will arrive at your address in the mail. The card must be activated and the initial OTC dollar amount will be loaded onto the card. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
Save your time – one less trip to the pharmacy will mean that members may get to spend more valuable time on what matters most.
Easy access – OTC purchases are sent straight to the members’ homes. The need to drive anywhere will be lessened.
You will save money – Members may get OTC items they require without using money out of your own pocket. An allowance per quarter will be used on a varied range of health-related products like cold remedies and other personal care products.
Shipping is FREE – No shipping or handling fees!
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
L.A. Care Cal MediConnect Plan works with Healthy Benefit Plus to enable their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Skin and sun care products
- Antacids and acid reducers
- First aid supplies
- Allergy sprays and gels
- Cold and flu products
- Dental and Denture Care
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Eye and Ear Care
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders:
- They may scroll down below and go through on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may also place their orders by calling 1-833-832-7309, TTY:711
- They may visit any available Walmart and other participating store locations.
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a monthly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the monthly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your L.A. Care Cal MediConnect Plan account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Member information
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow for new members who need to create an account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “Register” link that may be found on the right portion of the page.
- Type in your Card Number in the space provided.
- Type in your ZIP Code in the space provided.
- Type in your Date of Birth in the space provided.
- Select the blue “Continue” button to move forward.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the necessary information until you receive a successful registration confirmation from your inbox.
An email verification will appear in your inbox once you have registered successfully. This will give you complete access to your online account and start taking advantage of the L.A. Care Cal MediConnect Plan OTC pharmacy benefits that is included in your plan.
Easy steps to follow for existing members who need to login to their current account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “Log In” link that is found on the upper right portion of the page.
- Type in your valid Email Address in the space provided.
- Type in your current Password in the space provided.
- Select the blue “LOG IN” button to move forward.
- You may begin managing your account and purchase OTC items as soon as you get into the OTC website.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- There are no shipping costs for phone and online orders over $35.
- The OTC benefit is intended for the member’s health needs only. Using the benefit to purchase items for friends and family is strictly prohibited.
- Retail outlets are CVS, Walmart, Ralphs, and Food for Less. Online orders may be done through the Walmart website.
- Any and all unused benefit does not roll over to the next benefit period.
- If a member’s total orders exceed the benefit allowance, the member must have a second mode of payment if they use up their card balance.
You may download L.A. Care Cal MediConnect Plan OTC Catalog: