Need to contact or place a phone call to FHCP Medicare: 1-855-283-3785 (TTY: 711)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Florida Health Care Plans (FHCP) believes in making reliable health insurance plans available paired with great quality and integrated care. Florida Health Care Plans is a local company that is deeply rooted in the community. They have been providing quality care and coverage since 1974. This makes them visible in the community, doing shopping at the same stores, hanging out at the same parks, and going to the same churches. They are committed to giving back to their community. This is one reason why a selection of educational programs created to encourage optimal health and wellness is offered by FHCP.
FHCP Medicare is Florida’s Medicare partner since 1981. They are in collaboration with Florida Blue Medicare. They serve as a resource for healthcare services, which includes lab tests, diagnostic imaging, extended hours care, as well as pharmacy services. All these combined with the convenience of a large institution and the personal approach to care that their members deserve.
FHCP Medicare provides added benefits to their coverage. These benefits are those that are not currently offered by the Original Medicare but FHCP Medicare can offer to their Medicare beneficiaries currently:
- Routine Vision and Hearing
- Preventive Dental
- Routine Foot Care
- Preferred Fitness Program
- And many more!
What is the FHCP Medicare Over-the-Counter Benefit?
This is a program that will enable you to acquire over-the-counter items that will arrive at your address in the mail. The card must be activated and the initial OTC dollar amount will be loaded onto the card. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
FHCP Medicare presently works with Medline to enable their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Eye and Ear Care
- First aid supplies
- Allergy sprays and gels
- Skin and sun care products
- Cold and flu products
- Dental and Denture Care
- Antacids and Acid Reducers
- Vitamins and Minerals
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders:
- They may scroll down below and go through on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may place their orders by calling 1-855-283-3785, TTY: 711
- They may send in a completed order form via mail.
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a monthly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the monthly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your FHCP Medicare OTC account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Member information
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow for new members who need to register or create an account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the blue “Activate Account” button found below the “First Time User” at the right portion of the page.
- Type in your Member ID in the space provided. Contact your account representative if you do not have it.
- Enter your Date of Birth in the spaces provided.
- Type in your preferred Password and confirm in the spaces provided.
- Type in your Email Address in the space provided.
- Review your registration details then select the blue “Activate Account” button to proceed.
An email verification will appear in your inbox once you have registered successfully. This will give you complete access to your online account and start taking advantage of FHCP Medicare OTC pharmacy benefits that is included in your plan.
Easy steps to follow for existing members who need to login to their current account online:
- Visit link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Member ID on the space provided.
- Type in your current Password on the space provided.
- Select the blue “Login” button to proceed.
- You may now begin to manage your account online.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- Delivery time: Please allow 5-7 business days for your orders to arrive at your home address.
- Any and all unused benefit does not roll over to the next benefit period. All benefits must be consumed in a single order.
- The total order amount must not exceed your actual benefit per quarter. As an example, if your monthly benefit is $20 and your total orders amounted to $20.95, you will have to remove certain items from your order to bring the value back down to the monthly benefit allotted amount.
- Return Policy: Due to the personal nature of the OTC items, returns will not be accepted.
- OTC items are made available via home delivery only and must not be purchased at a local retail pharmacy or any source other than the FHCP Medicare OTC benefit channels listed.
You may download FHCP Medicare OTC Catalog:
If you wish to download the catalog, you may visit the link below:
Important information to take note of:
- If you are ordering by mail, you have to make sure that you follow the instructions to complete the order form. You have to mail it to the address indicated on the order form included in the catalog.
- If you have further questions about your plan, it is best to directly contact the following numbers: 800-352-9824, 1-855-Go2-FHCP or 1-855-462-3427, TTY: 1-800-955-8770
Florida Health Care Plans OTC Over the Counter Video Summary:
Want to view more articles on this topic? Click here to search our article database.