Need to contact or place a phone call to BCBSWNY OTC Fulfillment Center: 1-855-657-7542 (TTY 711)
Contact Line for Current Members: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
BlueCross BlueShield has been trusted by many Americans for more than 80 years. They have opened their doors in all 50 states in the US and has been accepted by more than 90% of physicians and specialists. This has made them the leader in consumer health care in the country.
BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York assures their members that they are more than just a health plan. Members become a part of their family and they can rest easy knowing that the card is accepted by 90% of doctors and the coverage opens doors in all 50 states. Here are some reasons why BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York is incomparable to any other health plan in the country:
- Their coverage is recognized all over the world
- The card gives the members access to the security of knowing that no matter where they are in the world or in the country, they receive the same care as they do at home.
- Healthy Resources
- The benefit of BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York include getting a personalized support from a great number of resources like registered nurses, nutritionists, and exercise experts, to name a few.
- Online Tools
- BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York offers online tools to make their members’ lives easier which include access to important information like benefits, claims, and many more. They also designed a Find a Doctor and Cost Estimator tool as well as an enhanced mobile app.
BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York offers the Blue Total Health package which will provide their members with the added benefits and preventive services they require and need to assist them in living a healthier lifestyle. The exclusive benefits package includes the following:
- Preventive Dental
- Coverage that includes reimbursement for up to two cleaning, now including periodontal cleaning, two exams and one set of x-rays every year.
- BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York uses Davis Vision network provider to assist in getting more from the members’ vision benefits.
- They use TruHearing to allow members to save on hearing aids
- Over-the-Counter Coverage
- Members receive up to $100 allowance every year for OTC drugs and health essentials.
- And many more!
What is the BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York Over-the-Counter Benefit?
It is a benefit that provides members a FREE allowance that they may enjoy to purchase OTC drugs at no extra cost. A predetermined dollar amount or allowance is provided to you within this plan. This benefit will also assist you with the cost of essential health care products that are not within the medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. To add to this, it can aid you in saving money on a vast array of generic branded health essential products like cold medicines, pain relievers, dental care, first aid supplies, and so much more.
Advantages of using OTC benefit:
Save your time – one less trip to the pharmacy will mean that members may get to spend more valuable time on what matters most.
Easy access – OTC purchases are sent straight to the members’ homes. The need to drive anywhere will be lessened.
You will save money – Members may get OTC items they require without using money out of your own pocket. An allowance per quarter will be used on a varied range of health-related products like cold remedies and other personal care products.
Shipping is FREE – No shipping or handling fees!
No additional costs!
If you will use the credit or pre-determined allowance that is provided within this benefit, all products you wish to get will be given to you at no extra cost. Your orders will also be delivered to your home without worrying about shipping fee as these will all be covered by the benefit.
BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York currently works with Convey Health Solutions to administer this benefit and provide a convenient way for their members to purchase common everyday medical and personal health care essentials. Their team of clinicians, researchers, engineers, financial experts, and a great number of direct sales representatives have outstanding expertise and know everything about healthcare business.
The following are the common medical and personal care items that they offer for their partners:
- Anti-Diarrheal, Laxatives and Digestive Health
- Dental and Denture Care
- Bathroom Safety and Fall Prevention
- Home Diagnostics
- Pain Relief
- Antacids and Acid Reducers
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Eye and Ear Care
- And so many more!
These OTC products are all given to members at no extra cost. A credit or pre-determined allowance is given within the benefit. Shipping fee will not be charged to the member especially if this is inclusive in your plan. Find below the easy methods where active members of this program can submit their orders to:
- They may go online and scroll down below on how to set up an account online. This is considered to be the fastest, most convenient, and easiest way to order 24/7.
- They may call over the phone at 1-855-657-7542 (TTY:711).
- They may also send over a completed order form via mail.
How to know if a member is qualified?
Members must make sure to review the Summary of Benefits of their existing personal plan to verify if their plan has this benefit included in it. If it does, members must also be aware of the plan’s specified OTC allowance frequency, whether it is provided monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount may vary depending on the plan. The number to contact is given at the start of this article if you need further information about your plan benefits.
There are a few plans that are inclusive of an allowance that is provided on a quarterly basis. These credits may be consumed to purchase some over-the-counter medications and supplies, comprising of digestive health treatments, allergy medication, pain relievers, first aid supplies, and so many more. Members must review the Evidence of Coverage of their plan to check if it is included in their benefit and to find out the exact amount of the quarterly allowance provided.
IMPORTANT: Go directly to the site to confirm and acquire more information.
NOTE: The information provided here is not a comprehensive explanation of the benefits available to you. It is always best to communicate directly with the company to know more information about their available plans.
Easy-to-follow steps are provided below should you feel the need to access the login or registration page. A brief guide is available for you so you can discover how you can login or activate a new online account and gain access. Just make sure your personal information is close by.
Requirements to have available to be able to sign in or register to your BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York OTC account online:
- Stable internet access
- Email address
- Member information
- Personal information
Easy steps to follow for members who need to register for a new account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Select the “Not Registered? Signup Now” button found on the page.
- Type in your First and Last Names in the spaces provided.
- Type in your Health Plan Member ID which is indicated on your Member ID card. Please enter the special characters that appear on your card.
- Choose the State from the drop down box options.
- Enter your Date of Birth on the spaces provided.
- Type in your Email Address in the space provided and confirm.
- Create a Username and type it in the space provided.
- Create a Password in the space provided and confirm.
- Choose Security Questions and provide the appropriate answers in the spaces provided.
- Select the blue “Register” button to move forward.
- Wait for an email verification and you may start managing your account online.
An email verification will appear in your inbox once you have registered successfully. This will give you complete access to your online account and start taking advantage of BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York OTC pharmacy benefits that is included in your plan.
Easy steps to follow for existing members who need to access their account online:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Username in the space provided.
- Type in your Password in the space provided.
- Select the blue “Log in” button to proceed.
- You may now start managing your account online.
Valuable guidelines for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- DELIVERY TIME: Please allow 7-10 business days for your items to be delivered at your home address.
- Members may place a single order every quarter. They must ensure that all of their OTC requirements for the quarter are included in their order.
- Benefit funds do not roll over to the next benefit period. Members must make sure to consume all the funds in a single order.
- Members may download a catalog from the member portal. Just select “My Account” and choose “Download Catalog/Order Form”.
- The OTC benefit is intended for the member’s health needs. Using the benefit to purchase OTC items for friends and/or family members is strictly prohibited by BCBSWNY.
You may download BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York OTC Catalog: